Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: January Premium
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:42 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

another game with bribery
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=25570
3 games against this card and 3 times I lost.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 pm 

I think I lost every game it was drawn on me too. It just always comes at a very bad time.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm 

Just a bit ago I managed to survive one game where the opponent had bribery, but still almost lost.

I lost a speed and armor buffed heavy merc !!! The armor was placed on the turn where it was bribed - I believe that this ought to fail as the unit was no longer mine.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 am 

Only one time has this card been used against me and it meant instant loss.

I went for the center in Battleground with a range buffed Arty, a Recon and a Merc LT, the merc got bribed on turn two and proceded to go back and kill my valuable Arty while i remained in shock. I surrendered next turn.

It was funny to see some the early comments saying something like "It's a loss to use on a LT, it costs 100, you win 40 and your opponent losses 40", but the difference is that a LT behind enemy lines is far more valuable than the same unit on the other side of the map, so it can be very cost effective even on a LT, only imagine using it on a small map on a Heli, Fighter or HT.

Personaly i think the cost should be increased at least to 120g or maybe even more, no other card has the power to change a game so much in certain situations like this, and if the enemy doesn't take any mercs you only lost 1 card slot. Very high reward for very low risk.

But still, chances of someone getting this card on sealed are so low (plus adding the chances of the opponent using mercs) that i might not even matter if this card is really "imba" or not, and I'm sure we'll all get it sometime and destroy someone with it and then we won't think there is anything wrong with it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:50 pm 

Steppenwolf wrote:
Only one time has this card been used against me and it meant instant loss.

I went for the center in Battleground with a range buffed Arty, a Recon and a Merc LT, the merc got bribed on turn two and proceded to go back and kill my valuable Arty while i remained in shock. I surrendered next turn.

It was funny to see some the early comments saying something like "It's a loss to use on a LT, it costs 100, you win 40 and your opponent losses 40", but the difference is that a LT behind enemy lines is far more valuable than the same unit on the other side of the map, so it can be very cost effective even on a LT, only imagine using it on a small map on a Heli, Fighter or HT.

Personaly i think the cost should be increased at least to 120g or maybe even more, no other card has the power to change a game so much in certain situations like this, and if the enemy doesn't take any mercs you only lost 1 card slot. Very high reward for very low risk.

But still, chances of someone getting this card on sealed are so low (plus adding the chances of the opponent using mercs) that i might not even matter if this card is really "imba" or not, and I'm sure we'll all get it sometime and destroy someone with it and then we won't think there is anything wrong with it.

It's a fine card, then ... eheh

Anyway, some cards have to have the power of changing the game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 pm 

Geral wrote:
Just a bit ago I managed to survive one game where the opponent had bribery, but still almost lost.

I lost a speed and armor buffed heavy merc !!! The armor was placed on the turn where it was bribed - I believe that this ought to fail as the unit was no longer mine.

You can give enemy unit a buff so it does not matter who own the unit

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 pm 

Yes I know, Thor, but I wouldn't give the thing armor if it wasn't any longer mine ... eheh.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

IMO this card ruins the sealed tournaments. In the fear of facing this card in a match in the 50$ valentines tournament, I decided to avoid taking mercs units and I had a lot of them (2x merc light tanks, merc heli, merc fighter and I also had berserk and kamikaze). It was right not to take it, because my openent (seanpaul) actually had Bribery, nevertheless I lost this game, because I couldnt combine all of my cards.
What I want to say is, that it might happen that poeple will stop playing merc units in sealed games. Especially in big tournaments, since the chance to have to play against Bribery is pretty high.
You can also watch the final round of the 50$ tournament, in which Bribery kind of decided the game by taking away the vision.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 pm 

The chance of facing it is not incredibly high. The chance of losing if you do face it, though, is high.

I don't think the chance of facing it justifies not taking mercs in a tight map.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34 pm 

Geral wrote:
The chance of facing it is not incredibly high. The chance of losing if you do face it, though, is high.

I don't think the chance of facing it justifies not taking mercs in a tight map.

Agree, like i said its only come out once out of every 50-100 games, not worth considering the enemy has it
Its not like you expect the enemy to have heavy hero or infantry hero every match, right?

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next