OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Units as cards & new editions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm 

I'm just checking out this game and expected to find Advance Wars with collectible units (and other stuff). I was a little disappointed when i found out that Battle Dex only got the most basic units from AW, and those units aren't collectible cards at all. Or did I miss something?

So my question is: Will there be new card editions for BD, with new units? Any plans to change the unit system at a later point? Is the community interested in a collectible unit system at all? I think new units would probably also sell pretty well.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Units as cards & new editions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I propose you play some matches before you judge about this game, because it may look like Advance Wars but it surely is something completely different!
And I have no idea what you mean by "collectilbe units"... There are the hero cards which in a way are special units.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm 

Although I usually welcome newcomers, if you are looking for advance wars in this game, you might as well play advance wars instead of this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 pm 

hmpf wrote:
And I have no idea what you mean by "collectilbe units"...
You know... just like creature cards in a common TCG, let's say Magic. All creatures/units are part of your deck. If you didn't add any Artillery cards to your deck, you won't have any Artillery units available during the match. MTG Tactics or Poxnora work in a similar fashion. Of course, this only makes sense if there's plenty of different unit types to choose from.

tm5 wrote:
Although I usually welcome newcomers, if you are looking for advance wars in this game, you might as well play advance wars instead of this.
I didn't say I want this game to be like AW. I said I expeced BD to have more unit types, at least as many as AW - since TCGs usually have plenty of units to collect.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm 

The meat and potates of this game is the deep level of strategy of 8 very different types of specialized units on a hex based map and how they interact with and against each other. I would love the game 90% as much even if there were no cards at all. It's that good.

If you'd like a game, hit me up. I'll walk you thru it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

This is funny - you, someone who didn't play Battledex a single time, requests huge game changes. That is kinda rude, don't you think? Either go play Magic or accept what BattleDex has to offer (which is a lot imo).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:20 pm 

derLoko: Play through the 10 training missions then post here and tell us your views on the game?
It really looks like you have no idea what the game mechanics are, and as hmpf said, suggesting not just changes, but CORE changes, when you've barely played at all is a little.. odd. If you play the game some and can justify your suggestions, we'll be much less critical :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

What exactly are advance wars everyone is talking about? I tried to google it and only thing I found are games for Nintendo systems.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 am 

that IS what we're talking about lol. I've never played the full games but i've played a very similar flash game on Kongregate. if you wanna check it out, here's the link:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/urbansq ... on-nemesis

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 am 

fewar wrote:
What exactly are advance wars everyone is talking about? I tried to google it and only thing I found are games for Nintendo systems.

Yep, that's it ;)
And that flash game is indeed very similar. But if you wanna check out the original, I'm sure you can also find the roms somewhere on the net and start play them with a Gameboy emulator.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next