OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Airlift vs Immob
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am 

i definitely agree that there should be a set order rather than cointosses. What that order of priority is though, i doubt many people will agree on

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:49 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

chrism wrote:
Here are the things effect that could happen (lets brainstorm to see if I missed anything):
Immobolize -- how does it interact with airlift, evacDebuffs should always have prio. order
ailift/evac -- how does it interact with temp heroes and other similar (air support, airborne, etc.), minor artillery, and other airlifts I would say first of all minor artillery. Airlift on same hex or air support etc = cointoss
temp heroes -- same as above and how do they interact with each other cointoss
minor/major art -- same as above and how does it interact with armor buffs just added that turn. again minor/major art. first
Abandon/Eject (maybe in the future) -- how does it interact with minor artillery (minor art first)
Repair/training buffs -- how does it interact with minor art (minor art first)
Firpower/movement/other buffs -- how does it interact with minor art (if you fp first and then get killed you are not happy) (minor art first)
Armor buffs -- see above with minor art -- a little different than other buffs since it affects the damage you take minor art first
Medic vs. death march cointoss
Buff vs Debuff that dont allow both -- backfire versus octane. debuff first

FIrst question is did I miss anything. Next question is how do you resolve this list.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 am 

airlift or bribery

what ever way you do this , people will complain ( won't you geral ) and before you go on about this , just look at all of your posts .
just think ,if you can sort out this problem , what will he have to complain about ???

a mod may want to think about removing my post or it will end up another 10 pages of rubbish talk :lol:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am 

Nobody will whine, if we have defined rules for priority, which card takes effect first. Then there is no luck in it. People can complain about the order, but i don't think it will happen, since rules are the same for everyone then.

My thoughts on chrisms list are:
immobolize -- how does it interact with airlift, evac
immob> lift/evac, dont lift and evac immob units

ailift/evac -- how does it interact with temp heroes and other similar (air support, airborne, etc.), minor artillery, and other airlifts
evac > temp hero/air support.... on your starting hex (always a lift/evac/buy unit on starting hex > lift/temp hero of opp on your starting hexes)
art > evac/lift
lift 3 > lift 2 = air support (2 units as well) > temp hero > lift 1 (on not starting hexes), if two of the same level then no action, blocking each other

temp heroes -- same as above and how do they interact with each other
see above.

minor/major art -- same as above and how does it interact with armor buffs just added that turn.
art > offensive buff (like movement, damage, vision), it's very bad to loose a unit with art strike and even worse to loose gold for an unused card.
defensive buff > art (repairs, overhauls, armor)

Abandon/Eject (maybe in the future) -- how does it interact with minor artillery
art > abandon (if unit is destroyed no inf can walk out of it ;) )

Repair/training buffs -- how does it interact with minor art
see above.

Firpower/movement/other buffs -- how does it interact with minor art (if you fp first and then get killed you are not happy)
see above.

Armor buffs -- see above with minor art -- a little different than other buffs since it affects the damage you take
see above.

Medic vs. death march
death march > medic (debuff > buff)

Buff vs Debuff that dont allow both -- backfire versus octane.
debuff > buff

all in all:
debuff > "defensive" buff > art strike > "offensive" buff/abandon
art strike, debuff > lift/evac
lift 3 > lift 2 = air support (2 units as well) > temp hero > lift 1 on not starting hexes. if two of the same level then no action, blocking each other
lift /evac on starting hexes > lift/temp hero placed by opp on your starting hexes

additional:
kamikaze/berserk > abandon/evac/lift
all > tank factory/airport

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 am 

Is there a way to set up polls for this stuff?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:29 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

denyo wrote:
Nobody will whine, if we have defined rules for priority, which card takes effect first.

Geral will always find a reason :) .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm 

I think debuffs are already too powerful. I would not give them priority but make them happen second.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 pm 

Also, I agree with Fewar. People will whine regardless or be upset. Even if the rule is immo goes off before airlift, you will still be upset if your units don't get airlifted. You will still be upset if you put fp on a guy with 1 hp left from a minor, you will still be upset if your buff/debuff gets cancelled. You just wont be able to blame luck inherent in the game. There is some luck in this game but it is very minor and it does not bug me. You win some and lose some. But, it always seems that WItcher, and Justice, and Hmpf and a few others win almost all the time, so luck plays a very small row (hmpf vs adama game aside). If there was zero luck it would be chess (aside from the color choice) and this is a lot more fun than chess.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 pm 

Inferno wrote:
I think debuffs are already too powerful. I would not give them priority but make them happen second.

I agree.

Seems like the best option, debuffs are very strong as it is and it seems like the simplest and most intuitive solution.

King of the bronze trophies.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 pm 

Vision debuff vs. airlift/ hero drop

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next