OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Anything happening with this game?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 pm 

Been gone for a month or so. Figured I'd pop in and see if anythings going on. Any plans to get this game off the ground or is this pretty much it? How long before something happens?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Anything happening with this game?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am 
Battle Dex Team

We are just about to release single player campaign. We then have a few things to clean up before we start a new marketing deal at the beginning of April that we expect will bring several thousand players. Hang tight.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 am 

I'm seeing new blood all the time. But i think a lot of players don't dive into multi player play, and stick to training, where it's "safe".

Here's an idea. Insert a Training mission (maybe inbetween 6 and 7?) that is actually a live sealed game vs. a random player. Give a sweet reward for it. That way they are forced to jump into the community of players and get a taste for real human blood. Computer blood has always tasted so.so.. .. synthetic to me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 am 

HighVibes wrote:
I'm seeing new blood all the time. But i think a lot of players don't dive into multi player play, and stick to training, where it's "safe".

Here's an idea. Insert a Training mission (maybe inbetween 6 and 7?) that is actually a live sealed game vs. a random player. Give a sweet reward for it. That way they are forced to jump into the community of players and get a taste for real human blood. Computer blood has always tasted so.so.. .. synthetic to me.

nice idea but if this was to happen ,it would be better having it as the last training mission as it may be hard for them to beat a good player

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm 

I guess that's the whole point, to get them to jump into online play sooner than later. Evetually, they will get matched up with someone of low experience, and they will win, and will love it. I'm sure some online play will actually be easier than training mission 7.

i don't know about you, but I remember training mission 7 being EXCESSIVELY hard to play straight up. How many players can actually claim that back when they played this mission the first few times (with just the starting card selection) they could have beaten it, if the computer was actually programed to play reasonably smart and they at least tried to take back a lost CP?

Played that mission like 30 times before i gave up and turned to the forums for advice. It left a really bad taste in my mouth that i essentially had to cheat to level to beat it. It almost turned me off to the game entirely.

So as a suggestion to the Devs, to be more fair to the new players, and tone down training 7, but make the computer actually play smart and have them try to take cps back.

I'm only saying all this cuz i want the newcomers to love the game and the fan base to grow.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 pm 

chrism wrote:
We are just about to release single player campaign. We then have a few things to clean up before we start a new marketing deal at the beginning of April that we expect will bring several thousand players. Hang tight.

Sounds good. Any plans other then that? Don't get me wrong, several thousand players sounds nice compared to whats going on now, but I'm assuming you dont mean several thousand online at once. I hope this game takes off. Would love to come back and do some trading.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm 

chrism wrote:
we start a new marketing deal at the beginning of April that we expect will bring several thousand players. Hang tight.

is this going to be marketing in america only or could we see more people on uk times ??

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:20 pm 

Hi guys,

Is the game still on track for new content in April?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:36 pm 

April Fools! nothing is happening in April!
well idk... guess we'll have to wait a few more days

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm 

C'mon now, the campaign just came out a week ago. I'd say the guys deserve some credit for that.

I have been trying to invite and encourage new players to try out some 1v1. I'll do a non rated private game, and I offer to use 6 cards only. And if I win, I drop down to 5.

One frustrating thing for me still thou, is the players who appear to always be on. I don't know who is really there and who is just a phantom. This is always corrected when there is an update, and the phantoms are erased. I actually wish the game updated everytime i logged on, so i could see who is actually really on, and not waste my time trying to chat with people who aren't really there.

Why does this happen, and how can it be fixed?

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next