OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Premium cards as reward: kind unfair
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 am 

Well, This is my opinion, even been favored because I got 3 premmium accouts, "giving" premium cards as mission reward seems kind unfair. When you subscribe for a Premium you do it mainly for 2 reasons: the card and to use trade ( a few ppl for tournaments and packs+points). When you can get it in a Free mission seems even more unfair, again Even been favored I don't agree

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Premium cards as reward: kind unfair
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 am 

Chronos wrote:
Well, This is my opinion, even been favored because I got 3 premmium accouts, "giving" premium cards as mission reward seems kind unfair. When you subscribe for a Premium you do it mainly for 2 reasons: the card and to use trade ( a few ppl for tournaments and packs+points). When you can get it in a Free mission seems even more unfair, again Even been favored I don't agree

Maybe its to reduce the prize of premium card which is limited edition
But then again that makes it's value as limited edition decrease

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 pm 
Battle Dex Team

As we've said before, premium cards will be released as ultra rares in the next set.

A big benefit of premium is getting to use the cards months before they are released. Sniper has been out for 2 months so that was a big benefit.

That being said, we probably will not offer premium cards as a prize again -- especially for a free coop. We just wanted to do something a little unexpected.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:55 pm 

I agree with Chronos. I would even go so far as to say not to offer them as ultra rares in the next set.

Keep premium cards as what they should be: Premium.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 pm 
Battle Dex Team

They will definitely be ultra in next set as we don't want any cards to be forever restricted to pay customers. Premium is already a ridiculous deal -- so much so that people are abusing it with multiple accounts. The fact the premium cards are ultras several months later, does not change how good premium is.

However, as I said above, I think Chronos' first point is correct.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm 

Unfortunately I feel the need to disagree with premium cards becoming available to non-pay players. Most of the reasons are actually for the battle dex team's benefit.

This game attracts "collectible card game" players. I believe you are shooting yourself in the foot for later on when you could get players to pay lots of points (aka money) for hard to find cards, so it is in your best interest to have some cards be time sensitive like the premium cards are now.

This game already wets free to play players' appetites for premium cards by allowing them to appear in sealed games. This was a great move as it motivates players to become premium (and pay you money) to get access to those cards.

I understand not wanting to have cards that are "out of print" where it is impossible for someone who finds this game 1 year later to be able to get them. There are better ways of solving this issue than adding them to the existing card pool.

You could:
1) Add them as point cost tournament rewards
2) Add them as point cost coop mission rewards [insane difficulty]
3) Sell them as a bundle in your store. Example: Get all 6 previous premium cards and 5 packs for $10! [not the best suggestion as this actually would lower rarity]

So to sum up, I think you'd be making a financial mistake by making premium cards into ultras. They have too much appeal to people who might pay you money.

Edit: I understand buying packs equals money for you as well, but I'm talking about the amount of money. It would be easy to imagine someone dropping 500 points to get one premium card they want in a trade if that premium was substantially rare enough and they couldn't win a tourney/beat an insane coop. If that same card were in the card pool the supply would be higher so the demand would go down, meaning less money for Battle Dex.

Rothmorthau

[Currently I am a senior at Kent State University in their College of Business]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:41 pm 
Battle Dex Team

You may be right. We will look at this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:29 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I agree with Rothmorthau. Already sent an equal PM to chris the day the missions were released. It simply doesnt make sense to hand out premium cards inflationary.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:33 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Agreed. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy it while it lasts.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 am 

I understand the need for premium content as an incentive for people to spend money.

But one of the things i like about this game is that you can actually get every card (although it would be extremely hard and take a long time) without spending any money. It makes it far more appealing than most other semi-free games because you don't feel left out on some things.

You might be a newbie but somehow win a tournament with packs as reward and get a "premium" from it; it is extremely unlikely for this to happen, but just the possibility gives a good vibe to the game, and not just a "we care about money and money alone" feeling.

So i think that premium cards should stay as such for six months, or whatever, and then become ultrarares. You're still getting a huge advantage by paying to get the card now, and probably you won't even be playing anymore six months lather when it becomes publicly available (and it's not like even then everyone is going to get one instantly).

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next