OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Smoke cannister
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm 

i bet what happened is that there was a coin toss for tick 1 to lay the smoke/block vision or to shoot, and the shooting won

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 pm 

I definately had a game the other day where I thought my smoke failed. I thought perhaps he had vision from somewhere else, but after seeing this post I'm not so sure. I'm gonna go check for the replay and then edit this post once I have more information.

Edit: If smoke activates at the beginning of the turn, then it is definately bugged.

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=24747

This was the tournament where I won entry to the weekly qualifier (which I placed in). Imagine if I had lost the first round of this grand satellite because smoke failed... I would never have beat Justice the following round, never made the qualifier, and never placed in the pro circuit event. Wow.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:30 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Smoke got broken somehow on the last patch. Nobody noticed. It is fixed now. Sorry.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm 

we noticed at the last turn of arena.... ready to defend VIP with smoke+units on it then a fighter shot the vip, the fighter was on the hill and thats why we thought it wasnt a bug.... very frustating

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 am 

Ah Chronos, that's right! Last week we were completely befuddled on that one. We had that one in the bag, since it was the last turn before our win.

I still haven't passed that one simply because of the smoke bug. It was also Thor and James the Smoker, right?

Any chance you could grant me a pass on that one and give me the prizes on that, Devs? You could watch the replay to see that my request is legit. Thanks for considering it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am 
Battle Dex Team

We could give you a pass on that, but you are definitely good enough to beat it yourself. Make Chronos help you since he cheated the mission to beat it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 am 

chrism wrote:
Smoke got broken somehow on the last patch. Nobody noticed. It is fixed now. Sorry.

Cheers Chrism.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 pm 

Whoa, sounds like scandal. How did he cheat it to win?

Seems to me that the "tactic" to put your units at only some of the AI's spawn to cause them to not be able to spawn anymore has the "feel" of a cheat. I know this was done extensively on the Xmas missions. Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that this is possible. A similar taste to the "tactic" to beat Training mission 7. Isn't it better to not allow this and tone the AI down just a tad?

Hmm, beat it myself? I'm assuming this would be done by having 4 separate accounts and playing all at the same time. Man, my crappy laptop and Spanish internet connection can barely handle a regular 3 player co-op, if at all. Just ask Inferno and Fantom K about that.

A pass on that one seems fair enough. Doesn't hurt to ask (again) :)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2