OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sick
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm 

I got the flu real bad today. Probably won't being playing for a couple days. :(

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Sick
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm 

Dude, take tons of camu camu berry dried powder. Highest source of Vit C in the world. Shortens recovery time like no other.

Seriously.

www.sunfood.com

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 pm 

Unfortunately I'll probably be better before I can get my hands on it. But the whole notion that Vitamin C helps you get better is a bit dubious.

Here is what our society typically does: we notice a positive connection between eating a certain type of food and good health. Then we examine what vitamins or minerals that food is heavy in, and then we assume that its that vitamin or mineral which helps. But just because there is an association with good health from eating something like an orange, which is high in Vitamin C, doesn't prove that its the Vitamin C that helps.

Did you know that you will gain more weight from eating foods labeled "low fat" than regular foods? Its true. So why are "low-fat" foods still available in big grocery stores? Because most of the population doesn't realize this. They think to themselves, "It wouldn't be legal for this to be called 'low-fat' if it made you gain weight"... but it is.

I recommend reading the book, "In Defense of Food." It was a real eye-opener for me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:48 am 

I've been sick since sunday as well :/ And I'm one of the people who never gets sick but when I do it's bad (i think the last time i had more than a sniffle was 6 years ago lol)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 am 

Mega doses Vitamin C have no effect except helps reduce duration of your fever by about 20%
Just sleeps a lot, it works wonder

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm 

if you CAN sleep. The first night of being sick, i tossed and turned in bed for a few hours until going to almost puke, and finally sleeping on the bathroom floor. Worst night i've ever had lol. And i'm sure eating one meal in about 60 hours doesnt help

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm 

Thor is right, superduperwtf doses of ANY vitamin trully don't work, want to know why?

your body just aborve a max of x per day, so the 4*x of it its just waste, like polivitamins, you can cut one of that pills in 1/4 1/5 and wil do the same effect, will save you money and pills

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:01 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
if you CAN sleep. The first night of being sick, i tossed and turned in bed for a few hours until going to almost puke, and finally sleeping on the bathroom floor. Worst night i've ever had lol. And i'm sure eating one meal in about 60 hours doesnt help

Agree with the sleep. My cough has been so bad that sometimes I can't even fall asleep. Plus, lying in bed all day doesn't use much energy so its hard for me to get tired. However, Nyquil and Tylenol PM do a good job of putting me to rest.

I've eaten two oranges in the last 48 hours, but I credit not eating to my not throwing up. My roommate got sick right before I did and he was vomiting, so I decided to starve this one out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:43 am 

i'm lucky to have a great immune system, so I woke up yesterday 90% over it :) But the 3 days i was sick, i ate half a pack of crackers and 2 poptarts. That's like 1/3 of what i eat for 1 meal normally. I ALMOST puked but didn't so I guess, like you said, if you got to but havent really eaten, it helps! Hope you feel better soon doja!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:05 pm 

Still running a slight fever but feeling much better today. I'm finally starting to eat again, which is helping my energy level tremendously.

Proof of how sick I was: Two days off work, two days spent entirely at home, zero minutes spent playing video games.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]