OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: March Premium Card
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 pm 

just keep this card out of sealed and its fine, also, reciving 2 of same hero at sealed its useless...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 pm 
Battle Dex Team

In our view, premium cards are supposed to be fun and powerful in limited strategies. We would never want to make Enlist 3 a premium card because it is powerful in all strats. While not be premium is definitely a disadvantage, we don't want the premium cards to make nonpremium players fell hopeless. All of the premium cards are fairly powerful (I even think this one is -- give it a shot), they just are powerful in limited strats. I love squad leader. I think it is one of my favorite cards, especially for coops and training, but it is a card I wouldn't use that often inconstructed -- though it is constructed worth.

I could even see using enlist seven on the board with all the cps. My guess is it will find its way into a competitive deck.

Sorry you were disappointed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 pm 

lol,

i am not premium, so i am not dissapointed.

I use a lot of infantry in my startups (i believe i got up to 5 at round one on some maps, and then transport andd we need reinfs for some early capping), still, 7 is to much for plain weak infantry.

this takes almost all the gold allowance in most maps, not to mention i can see 3 maps with a use for this number of inf (2 of them are not in tournament either, grasslands (cp, 3 res near, 2 inf for the contested res, one spare), epic (6 for res, one for cp) and four corners (FFA/ TEAM map) in at about all of them, the gold spend on infantry is not worth the one turn earlier capping of 2 res thou.

for 7 inf, i would have said, 300 gold max (there is a lower return on investment the more you recruit of them in one go), or give them all small time buffs like i said on page one, just to keep it interesting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm 

It would have been cooler if the card enlisted one of each kind of inf+buff like damage, armor, movement, vision, camo, and range.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 am 

Enlist 7 Infantry succeeding:

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=26723

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 pm 

chrism wrote:
In our view, premium cards are supposed to be fun and powerful in limited strategies. We would never want to make Enlist 3 a premium card because it is powerful in all strats. While not be premium is definitely a disadvantage, we don't want the premium cards to make nonpremium players fell hopeless. All of the premium cards are fairly powerful (I even think this one is -- give it a shot), they just are powerful in limited strats. I love squad leader. I think it is one of my favorite cards, especially for coops and training, but it is a card I wouldn't use that often inconstructed -- though it is constructed worth.

I could even see using enlist seven on the board with all the cps. My guess is it will find its way into a competitive deck.

Sorry you were disappointed.

The problem is that this one seems to be by far the least useful of all premium cards so far.

Bribery: ultimate counter to a whole group of cards, even if those aren't used much at top level constructed.

Squadron Leader: this card + attack buffed fighter + air speed + major air overhaul + heals/training cards + big maps = creates a monster that's almost impossible to kill, unless debuffed effectively and/or faced against AA hero.

Sniper: hard to use, but can really mess up an enemy once it's out of vision.

Inmobilize Infantry: hardly game changing most of the time, but It can be useful in almost any game, and preventing an enemy from capturing a resource can make a big difference in certain situations.

Enlist 7 Inf: useful in one very niche strategy that requires a deck totally constructed around it with possibly several other premium cards (Sniper), It's very map dependant, and It might not be effective at all against a good player unless he has terrible cards to deal with it.

The card might have been good if it was a lot cheaper (given the diminishing returns of enlisting many of the worst combat unit in the game) or if the Infs came buffed in some way (possibly speed or armor).

My issue with it is that I would have been able to pay a single month of premium, not enough to get all the neccesary cards to do the DT strategy (not that It suits my personal playing style anyway) so I just dont like the idea of "wasting" my month of premium with a card that I will never use = /.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 pm 

Valkyre wrote:
lol,

i would have liked it more if it was enlist lots of different inf, like 1 kevlar, one lethal, one camoed, one merc, one marksman.

7 plain inf is a bit much, i try to use enlist 4 a lot, but quite often i dunno what to do with the 4th in that

YEA 1 OF each would of been So much cooler =D

BattleDex: .....wanna go play some battledex?
Me: Sure =D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:19 pm 

Enlist 7 can work in a compeitive deck. I made some mistakes, he did not play great, but it was pretty dam good.

No apologies necessary on this one. I love a card that opens up new strats.

http://www.battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=26778

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:34 am 

That game was amazing. And those cards are ridiculous.

Nice strat, blows mine out of the water.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 am 
Battle Dex Team

Nicely done. I love how 3 regular infs gang up on the special forces.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next