OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can we players have some info from the all-knowing devs?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm 

Firstly: I don't know if this is out of line as a player rather than a dev, and if it is, please completely ignore this thread. Some things about formality and social...ness I have a hard time grasping,

With that said: Chris, ice, pierre, dagnor especially. Can yall give us some serious info on things? What are yall currently working on? What have yall not gotten to, but plan to before the big advertisement push (if that's still the plan)? Is there anything at all that the community, testing team, or moderators can do to in any way assist yall? And lastly, is it possible to get an ACCURATE time estimate for anything, or if we're promised something within a time limit and it isn't released in that time, can we please have a post saying WHY?

Maybe it's just me, but it really seems like everything is dying down a lot, and I know several people who used to play a lot (myself included) have lost most interest in the game until several big improvements are made

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Can we players have some info from the all-knowing devs?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm 
Battle Dex Team

1. Currently finishing up single player and working on draft and an expansion set with new cards, new coops, and a new unit.
2. Would like add some more polish, upgrade of chat, set team tournaments, fixed medals that show up in the client.
3. Video game programmers apparently suck at estimating. There is no reason single player is delayed other than the few minor fixes that need to be done are taking slightly longer than expected.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 pm 

the version that was on testserver seemed fine, i dont know what u wanted to polish there ;) still, good work and gl! im gonna be more active with the push on ads and sp.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:20 pm 

chrism wrote:
3. Video game programmers apparently suck at estimating. There is no reason single player is delayed other than the few minor fixes that need to be done are taking slightly longer than expected.

lol, believe me, any software programmers are liable at making way to optimistic prognoses on timetables.
if you double the time needed you might have an accurate estimate (if ye are lucky) they just cannot believe they make some mistakes that needs added time for testing and tweaking.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]