OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unfair game ...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm 

I lost this game because an aa hero in turn 10, starting from a non-road hex, moved 4 instead of 3. I find this kind of inconsistency, no matter what ticks it involves, simply stupid. A unit that moves 3 when starting in a non road hex should NEVER move 4 for some people under some circunstances.

http://www.battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=28763

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Unfair game ...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 pm 

I feel like the mechanics for how units move currently is fair, but the fact that there is no information on if a unit is "loaded" for movement is extremely unfair.

I'd really like to see information added when clicking on each unit that lets you know how "loaded" they are to move or attack.

I also feel that this information leads to MORE strategy, not less. I know chrism mentioned in the past that gleaning this information without it provided to you is part of the skill of the game, but I think it just leads players to feel cheated as in this situation.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Also I would change how movement is displayed. I would list movement in tics instead of in hexes. That way confusion about how far units would move on normal, road, highway, crater would be as transparent as possible.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 am 

I didn't watch the replay, but starthexes count as roadhexes.
Also check AA Hero wiki page. 5 movement on highway.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:47 am 

I know about the start hexes, but this happened in turn 10 and the aa was not on the start hex, it was in a regular, non-dirt road, hex.

Even the loaded movement, which I also know about, seems to work only on roads (when the unit is already on a road hex at the start of the movement).

I had never seen loaded movement from OUTSIDE a road.

Also, for me it would be impossible to know than an aa starting from outside a road would move 4 (I knew it was there), which makes it very unfair that it actually moved that far (and BEFORE my inf moved its REGULAR 3 hexes, too !!).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 am 

Well you had better cards then him.

-enlists: 3 x 1
-debuffs: 2 x 1
-mercs: 1 x 0
-surprise factory: (LT hero + airborne) 2 x 0

not counting that he had a training card + 2 ejects

I guess it was infair for him....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:22 am 

My merc didnt do damage to compensate the price, given how the game went.

He had a permanent hero (and another one he did not use ...), and the LTH didn't do damage to compensate its price.

He had adrenaline.

1 of my enlists, heli, both had no use and would be at a disavantage to his hero.

And anyway, the main problem here is that a unit that under normal circunstances would move 3, moved 4 and made it impossible for me to cap another res. A decisive moment.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm 

Another epic tourney game - I got no enlist, no debuffs, no range, no vision, no speed ... ugly as it can be. Only thing I got was 3 air mercs, 2 of them helis in a large map.

And what does the opponent get? 3-4 air debuffs.

It can't get much worse than this in sealed. And it had to happen on a tourney too. I would have quit that thing if I knew.

But sealed being sealed, in the next game - which was not on the tourney - I got unbelievable cards, including 2 inf enlists, 2 guerrilla cards, 1 aa hero, 1 art enlist, 1 pacify, 1 blind ground and 1 imob anything..

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]