OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Missing: Devs
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:16 am 

I can't help but notice what appears to be inactivity from the Devs.

So many important forum questions not being addressed.

Lack of updates in the game that needs so many, even just little ones. And then when there are updates, we aren't being informed of what they are, for example, I recently noticed that the "Into the Great Wide" map has been changed, but there was never any mention of it. What else has been changed without us knowing?

Not being part of the community, no online prescence. I feel like if this was my game, and my company, I would be on there trying to get all these new players to join tourneys, to get them more active and engaged in the game. Being that 4th player needed for a tourney to start, when there are only 3 people checked in.

NOW is the time to make something happen, Devs! Above and Beyond! You have a very solid game here, and i think it could do great with the proper support, but I fear if that doesn't happen now, there wont be a community to be a part of in the future.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Missing: Devs
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:05 am 

The game needs a few changes to get new players and hold them, as well as a model to make existing players play more (right now, ELO means that many top players don't risk playing ...).

I've sent to chrism the kind of changes that would achieve that along with making the game more profitable ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:18 am 
Battle Dex Team

We are here. We are working on a big update before the ad campaign. Taking longer than expected, as usual.

I am not sure about the change to into the great wide. What was it?

I did get Geral's comments, and many of them are things we are working on.

Stay tuned for a big update in the next week or so.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:36 am 

Very good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Hmm, if you don't know about the change in the map, who is the one there that would have made that decision and implemented it? the change is that the res by the base is now only 3 away from the start hexes where it used to be four.

I asked a while back for you to tell us a little bit about Bandera Games. Nothing lengthy, just a little rundown on the company, how long it's been around, what other projects you have done, how many people there are, and when you are going to hire Rothmorou? :P i'm curious. If you have the time, give us a glimpse of what Bandera Games is about.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 am 

Wow!!! Did you just say next week? This is the kind of news I was waiting for!

Can we have previews, or more info on this?

I look forward for the big update. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:38 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Geral just for curiosity's sake can you post your comments to chrism? What did you have in mind that'll make the game more profitable? Just curious.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1958&p=11367#p11367

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm 

(these would only work together)

1) Make it so (all) the possible cards are not known beforehand;

2) Create a whole lot more cards (thousands, when it's done);

3) Make the cards expendable (they get used up when used in a game), this means you can make them a lot cheaper to buy, and also means you don't need to worry as much about their balancing;

4) Create "worlds" that one has to conquer a battle at a time, with the territories initially being all computer controlled and then getting conquered by players. Whoever manages to capture a whole world gets a money prize (this will make players a lot more persistent). Territories should be sealed or constructed. Players that don't play for a week lose a territory (2 weeks, 2 territories, etc - time could also be shorter) that go back to being computer controlled. Small worlds = small prizes. Big worlds = big prizes. Since cards get expended, a big spender can win vs a good player in the constructed territories. Also cards can exist that turn sealed territories to constructed and vice-versa.

5) Finally, a facebook front end.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 pm 

Geral wrote:
1) Make it so (all) the possible cards are not known beforehand;

2) Create a whole lot more cards (thousands, when it's done);

3) Make the cards expendable (they get used up when used in a game), this means you can make them a lot cheaper to buy, and also means you don't need to worry as much about their balancing;

Not sure how much I like these

Geral wrote:
4) Create "worlds" that one has to conquer a battle at a time, with the territories initially being all computer controlled and then getting conquered by players. Whoever manages to capture a whole world gets a money prize (this will make players a lot more persistent). Territories should be sealed or constructed. Players that don't play for a week lose a territory (2 weeks, 2 territories, etc - time could also be shorter) that go back to being computer controlled. Small worlds = small prizes. Big worlds = big prizes. Since cards get expended, a big spender can win vs a good player in the constructed territories. Also cards can exist that turn sealed territories to constructed and vice-versa.

I like this idea a lot! I also suggested something very similar to this (except just a continent, and all vs computer) for a campaign. That seems much more of a "campaign" rather than a list of missions to me
Either way though, this should definitely happen and there should definitely be a 1-player version with a non-money reward

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm 

No, the idea is not for it to be 1 player - the worlds just start populated with computers so that you can always get a game, but once other players get territories, you need to face other players, too, to win.

Anyway, kind of bad luck:
http://allthingsd.com/20110531/zynga-la ... hoo_ticker

The idea of cards being expendable is important for several reasons:
1) That way cards can be VERY cheap to buy;
2) Nobody has a permanent advantage;
3) A big spender can actually win vs a very good player;
4) Cards don't need to be so balanced - they are ephemeral, so you can have a lot more different ones, and some that are also much rarer.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:54 am 

Again, please avoid double-posts.

There's only one problem i see with that. What happens if I own a territory, but I'm currently offline and someone else wants to take it? Losing my territory to anyone/anything other than myself is unfair, yet you can't only have 1 or 2 zones open at a time or else few people will ever get to play, and the owners will never get to sleep

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next