OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: byebye
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 am 

Well as you guys know, I quit a while back and I just popped back in here to say my farewells and share my experiences. Overall, I think this game had great potential, it combined the RTS(real-time strategy) that kept you on the edge of your seat with the TCG(trading card game) that pushed you to keep collecting, but the result was just a a mix of poorly executed versions of each.

The RTS part was well thought out, from the movements to the fights, but eventually everybody knew what to do on each map and it was a matter of who would execute their plans better. This might have been interesting for the truly competitive players, but for the casual and newer players, they had to learn the hard way to do what everybody else was doing. The co-op missions were fun, a nice way to play the game without having to be competitive, but there were only so many you could do and the replayability was next to none. Every now and again, there would be new co-ops released, but the interval between them was so long that there was basically nothing else to do once people completed the co-ops.

The single player campaign was a step in the right direction, allowing casual players more opportunities to play, similar to that of co-ops. Ignoring the steep cost, it had the same problem as the co-ops did, replayability. After you completed the campaign, there was no desire to complete it again because there were no benefits to it at all.

The TCG part was excellent as well, giving players a reason to keep playing and collecting more cards, but the flaw with this was that collecting cards was such a difficult task without spending money on this game. I get it, this game needs money to keep on running, but that doesn't mean it should be next to impossible to collect all the cards. On one hand, Geral who was consistently in the top tier of the rankings for my entire duration of playing this game with over 1700 games played could only achieve a bronze medal for his collection. On the other hand, there were players like Snapfire who collected all the cards. After collecting all the cards what's next? There were no signs of an expansion pack coming, so the game seemed complete. There was nothing else to strive for.

In summary, this game that had the potential to become one of the most innovative games of all time did not get the chance to see its full glory. From the painfully slow updates to the small and continuously diminishing community, this game, although one that I've enjoyed greatly, could not achieve its potential. If you read this far, I commend you for not falling asleep to this wall of text and for the developers, I hope this has been helpful.

PS: Wow, I usually don't like writing essays even if school requires it.
PSS: If my grammar or spelling sucks, feel free to leave it as a comment because I may never see it. ^^

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: byebye
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 am 

Cmon China, we are all waiting for the promise ! well, visit us sometimes , keep us in touch on what are you playing

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:25 pm 

I still believe the game has a chance, it just needs a few modifications, some of which would meet some of the things you said.

One of the modifications would be quite radical: make cards expendable (use it, lose it), while making them a LOT more diverse and less balanced (meaning a super card COULD give you a large advantage, but it would be gone...). Also, make them a LOT cheap, incredibly cheap as it is, since they'd be expendable.

This together with a few other modifications I suggested, would make a lot of difference and create a growing community (not this particular idea, but a few others in combination).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:51 pm 

Geral wrote:
One of the modifications would be quite radical: make cards expendable (use it, lose it), while making them a LOT more diverse and less balanced (meaning a super card COULD give you a large advantage, but it would be gone...). Also, make them a LOT cheap, incredibly cheap as it is, since they'd be expendable.

I'm all for microtransactions but this is not the way... it doesnt matter if the cards are more diverse if everyone would have to use those super cards in tournies if they want to win (then strategy section of this game would be obsolete). Right now it's possible to win constructed without all deck having to be ultra rare... we have many examples of this on the replay section.

I know strategies have been stalled more or less by now, but that's just because devs haven't released yet an expansion or new map pool (hint: I bet if you updated your map editor and made it available to the general public many new map ideas would pop out, and even some which are worth adding to the pool).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm 

I agree with Unclemario. I also think that part of the appeal of this game is collecting, and making cards permanently expendable would take away some of that appeal (at least for the members who enjoy the CCG element of this game).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:24 pm 

Why is there still no map editor???

I dunno guys, i'm getting pretty sick of the total lack of support, as well as lack of response. Telling us there is a big update sometime soon doesn't really help when the player base is dropping off like flies. We need something, anything, now! Been what, 2.5 months since the last update? (may premium card doesn't count.)

The last thing i want to do is bad mouth this game, because i enjoy it so much, and want to see it grow, but i kinda feel like i have been left with no choice.

Can anyone recommend a good strategy game for the PC similar to this one?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 am 

I am so bored, I didn't entered the game for weeks. But I check the forum each day to see news about the big update.

HV you can check poxnora, it's pretty similar except it's a fantasy world. And there are expansions every 3 months or so. That game have it's balancing problems but at least there are always 100 players online to play with.

On a side note, I love games with tanks and stuff to blow up, so I would play battledex over poxnora should it recieve attention from devs, as in fact it deserves. I have absolutely no idea why is this lack of support for such a beautiful designed game. Why is so hard to release new card expansions?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:27 pm 

Tournaments need to be refreshed. Currently there are none available...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:07 pm 

well coming from someone who has spent a good amount of money on this game idk if they tell us when stuff is coming as long as its coming .......and saying ur gonna quit is funny because i know u will be back if they patch something victim and i will be waiting to run u over............also i play alot of other games other than this one but i will always play this game as long as its up because its fun...... highvibes try men of war "assualt squad" its a kick ass game kinda like this but rts get it on steam.......

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:38 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You will be back i know it. The sad thing is its not even true what you said. Even now when every map had its own strategy to play on thats just NOT TRUE. I recently just discovered a new tactic which on a lot of maps demolishes the opponent without him having a chance to strike back with the normal way to play. Just to less inovation=)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next