OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Am I the only one who's lost all hope for this game?
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:26 am 

It had so much potential. It just doesn't get the required attention. I'm still checking the forums daily and will eagerly come back if the advertisement push or big bug overhaul ever actually happens, but I don't believe they ever will

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one who's lost all hope for this game?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:27 am 

Considering you are moderator of the forum, this says something.

I want so much to invest some money in the game (even if I can play it for free, but as a sign of respect to the developers hard work) but will restrain from doing so if I hardly can find anyone to play against.

I don't understand what is going on. I mean if the developers are working for the game, they should be online each day, checking the forum, keeping us in touch with the news. The current state of things shows quite the opposite. It's too much silence. It's suspicious.

And even if they work on the game as stated in some old posts this month, the fact that we have almost no forum activity from the devs is bad management. The relaunch should be made public with the old playerbase, with previews to keep us entertained and curious about what's to come. And why we are curious about it, we could btw play acouple of games in the meanwhile.

And with this lack of activity, I am no curious, I am in fact bored. And can't even play because I don't have opponents.

But I still keep checking the forum each day, for the big announcement, that by each day of silence... I am losing hope that will ever come.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:46 am 

I do still check in almost daily to see if there are people to play. Maybe we should consider a different way to connect at the same times. Kissofpain, Why don't you email a proposed time slot to play some games? phoenixascension@gmail.com . i've always enjoyed playing against you, it would be a shame for us to not play anymore. This goes for others as well, so feel free to email me times. I'm on Spain time, i think that's GMT +1.

On another note, do you have any interest in joining us for our next game of Twilight Imperium? It would take a bit of study on your part to get all the rules down before we start. We are starting our next game in a week from today, possibly 9 days from now, at 8am either day.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am 

Kissofpain wrote:
Considering you are moderator of the forum, this says something.

I should not be posting a thread like this because I'm a moderator, but when the devs completely and totally ignore the Forums and don't tell the community ANYTHING (no scheduling updates, no patches, no recognition that battledex has been dead for months), I feel AS A PLAYER I have the rights to.

And devs, if you see this, PLEASE either tell us what yall plan to do to get the ball rolling again, or tell us that the project is dead, but don't leave the community in the dark

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:24 pm 

HighVibes wrote:
I do still check in almost daily to see if there are people to play. Maybe we should consider a different way to connect at the same times. Kissofpain, Why don't you email a proposed time slot to play some games? phoenixascension@gmail.com . i've always enjoyed playing against you, it would be a shame for us to not play anymore. This goes for others as well, so feel free to email me times. I'm on Spain time, i think that's GMT +1.

On another note, do you have any interest in joining us for our next game of Twilight Imperium? It would take a bit of study on your part to get all the rules down before we start. We are starting our next game in a week from today, possibly 9 days from now, at 8am either day.

Hey, I'd be interested in playing some games. I started a thread in matchmaking, but am open to other ways of organizing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:41 am 

I am GMT +2.

@HighVIbes Glad you posted your email, now we can easily find time to play. :)

@Bubbles I really hope something will happen soon. As things look right now I can only imagine that devs made this game with the sole purpose of selling it to a bigger company, like Sonny for instance. But Sony is restructuring so it isn't buying, and now they are left to decide if they should close the project or invest in advertising. It's the only explanation I find for this strange behaviour.

My suggestion would be to invest money and go with the game on facebook. As a hint, they could learn some marketing tricks from Eredan - a game that has 1 million registered players and some 500 online at any time in the day.

Now... I have a marketing & communication consultancy company in Romania with a UK partner, should the devs be interested, I would gladly work on this project. My email is dragos dot marinescu at f2b dot ro

In my humble opinion, no one can make a better work than a communication expert that happens to also be a hard gamer. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:09 am 
Battle Dex Team

We are still working on a major update. When we finish the update, we will "relaunch" with a media campaign.

Unfortunately, there is not much to report or I would report it. Everything takes longer than expected.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:22 pm 

If I could make a suggestion, give us a "minor update" of the things that you completed thus far. This will make us infinately happier than we are now. Not to mention it would give us a chance to play test your changes before the big media campaign. We WANT to help you with this game, you just need to give us a chance to and not leave us so much in the dark.

Even thou your update maybe slower than expected, you need to respect and retain what is left of your current community. Frankly speaking, the players that have stuck with the game during this serious drought are one of your biggest assests that you have right now. We have the ability to assist the new players when they finally do come.

I would also like to add that even though i really enjoyed the single player campaign, I noticed that the community took a serious dive right around the time single player was released. It actually became even more difficult to find matches because everyone on was engrossed with playing single player only. It actually was VERY counter productive to building the community. Maybe once the community is much larger, having the single player campaign would be more of an asset, but i really don't think it helped the livelyhood of the game in the short run.

I did suggest many months ago that one of the training missions ought to be an actual live game vs. another live player. I think this would help the game for many reasons. I hope you will consider it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:30 am 

I really don't think the devs have made too much money from the game so far, so it would seem ilogical that they would abandone it when it already has solid bases and just needs some additions + publicity.

I think it's just a matter of patience, I haven't played the game in two months but I'll surely be active again once the relaunch happens.

Just check the forums once a week, don't burn yourself out and one day you will get the nice surprise : ).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 pm 
Battle Dex Team

All good points by both High Vibes and Wolf.

Here is the situation:

-- We have totally redone the entire user interface. It looks 500% better and all of the quirks people have complained about have been fixed (e.g. the option menu opening 10 times, lack of chat features, etc.). It will make a big difference in the user experience. It is not quite ready to be released, but we will have you test it before the marketing campaign. We should have it released in about a week (which probably means 2 weeks). This is not something we can do piecemeal.

-- We have changed the training missions a bit to add some of the single player tips. This is something we will release in about a week for you to test.

-- We will be releasing a rough version of the map and mission editor soon. Which should give you something to play with and hopefully help make content for the new expansion.l

-- We have about 100 new cards we are working on for an expansion set. This will be released after the media campaign.

-- We are almost done with draft.

-- We have a larger company that is interesting in buyer us.

-- We are not going to abandon the project. We are just regrouping for a re release. We obviously did not have enough players to make it work the first time, but we think we have improved the game dramatically since the original release and we think we are going to market to a bigger audience this time, so we are very hopeful.

Thus, since most of the things we are working on are big projects there has been nothing to release for you to test. We made the decision to try to fix everything at once, which meant doing smaller patches didn't make sense since it would be wasted work as the new interface is a completely new system. However, there will be big improvements, and hopefully a lot of players, soon.

I'm sorry there have not been more updates.

I agree that making one of the training missions be a 1v1 would be a good idea once we have players. We were reluctant to do that with such a small player base, but it will be something we consider. I was thinking making it a game versus any player searching, but giving the player in training an advantage of some sort -- like a starting hero or some extra units. The game would not affect the other players rating if he lost since the training player would have an advantage. Just ideas. Love to hear your thoughts.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next