OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is this game dead?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 am 

Just want to know if there is still a chance that this game will be published in the near future (2012)?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Is this game dead?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:27 am 

Yeah, this game had so much potential.

They've been saying that a relaunch will come for about a year but at this point I doubt it. There's basically no community left.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:34 am 

I'll be completely honest with you :)

Yes, the COMMUNITY is dead. But luckily, zombie communities are always welcome. I'm sure people will come back soon enough

The game itself? No. nfntp (site manager and overall helper iirc), dagnor (the kickass programmer), and myself have been working daily on some big updates, and I'm sure chrism and the others have too (but I've only talked to nfntp and dagnor). Right now Bandera's biggest focus is to "internationalize" the game (not localize). We're getting the game translated to many different languages so people won't have to know english to play. It wills till be one client, so not technically localized, but will support many languages.

There will also be a completely new website within a week or two (it would be sooner, but nfntp and I are both very busy outside of the game, so I haven't been able to do the final testing on it yet)

I've also been making some UI updates here and there, just redid ALL of the campaign and card texts, and am currently learning C++ so I can help dagnor with the programming.

So no, we're still hard at work on the game! Many people have said "meh, the community's dead. I'll come back when they're ready" but you cant do that! That's WHY the community's dead. So if you really do care for this game like we do, please spread the word, check the forums every couple days or so, and above all, PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK. I've posted tons of threads asking for feedback and only get 1 reply (from the loving Rothmorthau).

But there you have it :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
I've posted tons of threads asking for feedback and only get 1 reply (from the loving Rothmorthau).

I guess all the posts and testing I've done over the last three months don't count. :(

Anyway, I made this suggestion before but I will reiterate it once again with a slight modification. My original suggestion was that the regulars - or rather, the old regulars - figure out some convenient times where we get online and play.

Josh D. set up some tournaments in January and February and I saw a number of old familiar faces. Of course not everyone can make every tournament but I thought this was at least somewhat successful at bringing people online. So Bubbles, since you have already mentioned that you have the power to create tournaments, why not pick up where Josh D. left off and get some weekly tournaments going at the most internationally convenient times (even if there are not many times that work in both the US and Germany)?

While weekly tournaments won't suddenly create a large user population for the rest of the time, it will remove some of the "dead" feeling from this game. It will create an environment for players who like this game to continue to play it, even on a limited basis. Rather than a dead population you will have a limited population - and limited is much better than dead. A small dedicated population is better than an absent/waiting population.

Its nice to know that people are still working on this game. But if this work is mostly invisible to the user or is something that the user has to wait for, then the user will do just that - wait. Some of the work needs to be put into setting up events for the user to participate in as the game currently stands.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:27 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
I guess all the posts and testing I've done over the last three months don't count. :(

Oh gosh no! I accidently forgot to mention you, but every time I bring up the community to nfntp and dagnor, i always mention both of yall, i swear! >.< Sorry

dojadoug wrote:
Josh D. set up some tournaments in January and February and I saw a number of old familiar faces. Of course not everyone can make every tournament but I thought this was at least somewhat successful at bringing people online. So Bubbles, since you have already mentioned that you have the power to create tournaments, why not pick up where Josh D. left off and get some weekly tournaments going at the most internationally convenient times (even if there are not many times that work in both the US and Germany)?

I tried this about a month ago and Rothmorthau and I were the only two people to show up. However I don't see any downside to giving it another try! When would you suggest the tournaments to be? Weekly or just one-time bigger tournaments for right now, and what day/time for them?

Is there anything else besides tournaments that I can do to help people in the community? Everything I've tried has had NO response at all, so I'm out of ideas :/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 pm 

pretty dead... I don't play a game in months, even the FB group is dead, I will just come back play when everything it's ready ( and if it will be someday)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:27 am 

I had no idea about that tournament you set up a month ago, honest to god! And now I realize why... because you posted it in the "Tournament Chat" sub-forum that's all the way at the bottom and that barely ever gets read. :?

Josh D. would post in the announcements section at the top. That's where I recommend you post. I'll get back to you on what good times would be. I'll also try to think of something else, but as Chronos says it may just be a waiting game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 am 

lol you just said not to wait :)
just let me know some good times asap and I'll post some tournaments for 3/24 and 3/25 (to give people enough time to know about them)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:19 pm 

Well, I don't think we should wait but I can't prevent players from waiting if that's what they choose to do. If the entire community decides to wait there is little we can do about it.

But on a more positive note, I have some suggestions for times. Germany is 8 hours ahead of the west coast in the USA. I'm not sure what individually works best for people, but the tournaments should be somewhere between 9am-Noon Pacific Standard Time which would be 5pm-8pm in Germany. :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:43 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3218

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]