OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: mercenaires
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Baww. I'm sad tucker because I cant abuse an OP strategy.

;D

1v1 Sealed Tournament Win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 am 

Well hell guys, if we're gonna attack this strategy head on, why not reduce the recon's vision for people who like to control the map, and the AA's air damage for air-heavy strategies?

There's gotta be a line between what's OP and what they're made to do. Cheap units that last 5 turns, starting in your base, are worthless without a strategy to utilize that.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am 
Contributor
Contributor

they are a great method of quickie defense. someone slips in, you whip them out to buy time to pull back or get the money to make "real" units.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:25 am 
Contributor
Contributor

or, use them to quickly gain control of resource or control points while amassing the money to replace them with "real" units.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am 

AanAllein wrote:
they are a great method of quickie defense. someone slips in, you whip them out to buy time to pull back or get the money to make "real" units.

To do that, you'd need at least 3 or 4 of them to have a chance, and no one's gonna spend a third of their deck for a "just in case I need a backup defense"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 am 
Contributor
Contributor

If they were weaker units, I wouldn't be for nerfing the strat, but as is it's like playing a game of starcraft and someone slipping into the back of your base within the first 4 minutes of the game with max tech carriers. If it's a threat people have to worry about, the game will end up turning into a turtle match and no one would ever venture out of their base.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:53 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

In all honesty, I'd be perfectly OK with eliminating mercenaries entirely.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:20 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like the past couple days, everyone wants to eliminate something from the game rather than balancing it. I hate this method of thinking as it washes out gameplay. One example was last night when someone wanted to limit camo duration and now with the removal of merc cards. Either of those things happening would turn this into a game I would not enjoy and prolly not play as much.

As for camo, I offered my advice on balancing it. It might take some work, but in the long run it's way worth it to add an element to the game than to nerf it into oblivion and make it not at all interesting anymore.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm 

Xlom3000 wrote:
Seems like the past couple days, everyone wants to eliminate something from the game rather than balancing it. I hate this method of thinking as it washes out gameplay. One example was last night when someone wanted to limit camo duration and now with the removal of merc cards. Either of those things happening would turn this into a game I would not enjoy and prolly not play as much.

As for camo, I offered my advice on balancing it. It might take some work, but in the long run it's way worth it to add an element to the game than to nerf it into oblivion and make it not at all interesting anymore.

They already made adjustments for the mercenaries and my strategy. The base now has +50 hp, airlift 3 costs more, and merc heavy tank costs more

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:12 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I've since then replicated your strategy and improved upon it winning a match in mearly 8 turns

The funny part is I had no idea you had already done this the night before.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next