OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search


Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 34
Hey just like opening a pack of baseball cards they have the odds posted on the back for getting inserts. So whats the algorithm like that is used to choose whether you get an ultrarare? How often can I expect to get one?


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:40 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 2829
Location: Louisiana, U.S.
I was actually about to post something similar to this... I got a few packs yesterday and in the FIRST one I opened, got 3 of the same card. Is there any way to program something like.... "limit 2 copies of a card per pack?"

_________________
Living goes by fast, catch your breath and it'll pass you by. And it won't last to sulk in the memories you hold.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 564
To answer the first post, the final card in each pack of 8 cards has a 20% chance of being Ultra Rare, and an 80% chance of being Rare.

Bubbles, I'll check on limiting the number of duplicate cards per pack.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 564
Also, you'll always receive 5 Commons and 2 Uncommons.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:07 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 34
Damn I haven't received a single ultra rare yet. I guess that's just my luck. I thought they were like every 40 packs or something thats way easier than I had originally thought.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 pm 

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 6
I got an ultra rare in one of my 3 packs


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:38 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 34
how many cards do you start the game with (that is without opening the three packs you start with)?


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 564
Each account is created with the following 18 cards:

Medic
Minor Repair
Minor Overhaul
Transport
Adrenaline
Binoculars
No Fly Zone
Pacify Air
Minor Artillery
Training
Air Power
Tech Light Tank
Camouflage
Evac
Eject
Octane
Firepower
Immobilize Any


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:19 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm
Posts: 76
hmmm anyway else to get more cards other than posting and recruiting?


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Odds and card rarity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 564
Yes! Playing and winning in tournaments is the best way to earn cards.

Sealed Deck tournaments give you 3 packs to build a deck from for the entire tournament -- AND you keep the cards you get from those packs after the tournament.

Qualifier tournament prizes are:
  • 1st place: 10 packs and slot in Grand Finals
  • 2nd place ties: 4 packs
  • 3rd place ties: 2 packs for 1v1, 1 pack for Free-for-All


Top
 OfflineProfile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

©2009 Bandera Games LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group