OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Abandon and Eject
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Nightingale wrote:
I think the card is pretty decent, you're supposed to use it on a unit that will surely die next turn as to take the enemy by surprise and posibly capture a resource that might be several turns away from your base.

But i do agree that it seems 5g or 10g too expensive, given it's pros and cons:

Pros:
-You get an infantry right where you need it.
-You surprise the enemy.

Cons:

-You pay 10 more gold for the unit.
-You lose what that unit might have done in the next turn (could very well be nothing).

So you're basically paying 10g + whatever that unit might have done to get a quick deployment for an Infantry, in some cases that might make a big difference, in others none at all.

sorry but thats wrong. you will NOT use that card on a unit which has survived for sure. a unit with low hp of course. The reason is why use it on a unit which will sure die? if the unit will die how in the universe the infantry will survive? so it would be a waste of money which isnt best. there of course might me some situations where it is good to use it on a unit in battle but its not the best way imo cause the infantry really has to survive.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 pm 

Quote:
sorry but thats wrong. you will NOT use that card on a unit which has survived for sure. a unit with low hp of course. The reason is why use it on a unit which will sure die? if the unit will die how in the universe the infantry will survive? so it would be a waste of money which isnt best. there of course might me some situations where it is good to use it on a unit in battle but its not the best way imo cause the infantry really has to survive.

You have a point, but i can certainly think of some situations where a very low health heli/fighter would not survive and where an infantry could.

Simply imagine a single AA vs. an air unit about to die near a resource, your unit has no chance to survive but an infantry would surely survive since the AA does a lot less damage to it. You could take the resource and the enemy might not be in a position to retake it for several turns.

But i think i really didn't saw all the possible uses for this card, thanks for pointing that out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:55 am 

Eject i like a lot, combined with merc planes and we need reinforcements, this means you can take far away reources fast and the merc plane is certain to die in 5 turns anyway.

if you save up camo or guerilla or so for the infantry, there is a good chance it will survive where the plane would die.

abandom has a lot less use for speed purposes, but then, vehicle mercsare alot cheaper

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 am 

That is SOOOOOO many resources for a res you can't defend. Just sayin. Cards have value 35g.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 pm 
Battle Dex Team

They are create sealed cards. I amost always play them in sealed.

They are good constructed cards if you have a limited cardpool. I have also seen them used as part of a strategy with someone with the full card pool, but I agree that their use in constructed is limited to unique situations. They are generally not good enough for constructed if you have all cards. But, many cards are like that.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:11 pm 

Airborne is 90g, and eject is 80g, I know airborne is rare and eject is only common, but only 10g less and you have to sacrifice a unit just isn't that good. I agree abandon and eject should be lowered to about 65 or 70g. They won't be over powered, I don't see anybody taking up 2 card slots to use merc recon and abandon. I do use merc fighter and eject when I get them, but I'm quick to remove the eject if there are better cards.

I bring up the issue of card rarity a lot, and I'm just wondering why is abandon rare when eject is common? Just seems strange to me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:45 pm 

ren, its more common to use ground units than air, thats why and air is more expensive and has so many advantages that most people wouldnt want to eject one that is almost dead

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2