OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dream builds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 pm 

So... I tought about making a thread about fun/competitive builds you'd do if you had all the cards necessary.

I present you...

"Rambo drops"

Economic build:
2x armor piercing
2x troop transport
2x airlift1
1x kevlar
1x medic
1x adrenaline shot
1x enlist fighter
1x squadron leader
1x titanium armor

Troop transport + airlift1 is cheaper than airbone, and you can use the same inf you used to grab your nearby res on turn 1 or 2. Also you can modify the deck for the drop to be used from ground units.

Card space build:
2x armor piercing
1x airbone
1x kevlar
1x medic
1x adrenaline shot
1x enlist fighter
1x squadron leader
1x titanium armor
3x other personal/map dependent choices (extra armor piercing, medic, adrenaline shot (2 nearby res), airbone, troop transport, airlift, kevlar, airpower, enlist 2 inf, guerrilla, minor heal, etc)

The idea is to get your superfighter in the face of your opponent army, then drop your super inf when you see the aa.

Strong against:
- Enlist builds
- Permanent hero builds

Weak against:
- Special forces-merc-temporal hero builds.

Works better on medium sized maps such as island paradise or frostbite.

Of course drops is not the only approach for armor piercing builds. This attempts to be an early game advantage build.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Dream builds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm 

m faforit are some gorilla witha deralin a art hero some air ground dbuffs and the carts i have over are then arts shots or airlift one for a suprise helvy or so

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You dont have any heroes in there. You should have always at least 1 hero in constructed build.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm 

fewar wrote:
You dont have any heroes in there. You should have always at least 1 hero in constructed build.

Yeah sorry to forget to say it, that was more of a fun build. I actually think temp heroes are imbalanced (lt hero specially). I think it needs a raise on price. Why bother doing this fancy drop when you can just get lt/fighter/inf hero and drop from any friendly unit? (And with one single card).

I know you can just airlift/evac your units when that happens. But two points: it might be already too late already or your opponent recaptured the otherwise impossible res/cp. I know 160 gold cost is nothing to sneeze at, you'd need to do damage to your opponent equal or greater thant that, otherwise it could mean the game. But most of the times you at least kill a recon + arty, that's 140-185 gold already, not factoring the territory advantage and that you know your opponent might avoid doing ground units on the period of time of the temporary hero.

This build attempts to be something different than we see on most constructed builds. This focuses more on taking the opponent forces early (when it's most weak)so it's too late to airlift them (and that's why I said is most effective against enlist/permanent hero builds, and not special forces/merc/temp heroes combo). Also I've been looking for ways to grab opponent's starting res so they must focus on regaining it instead of dealing with the superfighter and any other forces you may have built at the moment. This is not the only way to achieve that of course, and not the most specialized on it.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]