OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Hero Unit Idea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:32 am 

Name: General Boom
Cost: 225g
Type: Hero
Text: General Boom is a Light Tank with more hp and armor than a regular Light Tank unit. A land mine is placed beneath him at the start of each turn. General Boom cannot set off land mines.

[HP as light tank hero, +40% armor]

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: New Hero Unit Idea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:39 am 

love the name hehe

But this would be incredibly OP on maps like Island Paradise once you get a slight upper hand. If you put mines on all 6 or 7 hexes that they HAVE to go over other than going waaay around on one side, that'd be completely unfair

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 pm 

I like the creativity, and I like the idea of a unit that can place land mines, but it should be a set number of land mines. Like you have the option to set a landmine if you click on him like you have the option to unload a transport. Give him like 3 or 4 landmines.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 pm 

yes the ideer with mines is good but on my opinion it is better as a buff like 100 or so and you must sold 10 gold for efery mine you build but you can than build 3 per turn

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm 

So many mines would mean "game over", it would be overpowered.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:17 pm 

Heavy Tank Hero can do 108 damage a round to ground vehicles. (I am comparing damage to Heavy Tank Hero because costs are similar)

This unit does 45 (Light Tank average) + 40-50 for a mine.

That makes his output 85-95 damage per round, 13-23 damage lower than a Heavy Tank Hero per round. The largest advantage this unit has is that an enemy unit doesn't have to be "in range" that turn for the damage of that turn to take effect later.

Keep in mind you can still set off your own land mines with your own units (except this one of course).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 pm 

This unit could also be reduced in cost and then permanently pacified, so that the ONLY way it could deal damage would be from mines.

Just an idea :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 pm 

Rendrag wrote:
I like the creativity, and I like the idea of a unit that can place land mines, but it should be a set number of land mines. Like you have the option to set a landmine if you click on him like you have the option to unload a transport. Give him like 3 or 4 landmines.

This.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm 

in that case, i would make it a mercenary minelayer unit. movement 2, if activated, it places a mine on every hex it moved over.

no normal attack possible, 80 hp or so, low vision, 120 gold to buy. If died by shooting, minor art effect on the hex it died on (all those spare mines blowing up)

why mercenary? so they end instead of laying the whole map full of mines.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm 

i like it. I think it'd be cool to have Infantry "specs" like a mine-layer, a scout, a rambo (useful offensive unit), a capture guy (current inf), buffer (buffs all units within __ hexes to the inf with __), and more

Some willl need limitations (like the minelayer) but not all of em (the scout, for example). However i think the minelayer should be limited by number of mines he lays, not by turns.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]