OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hexagram
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:00 pm 

So I haven't made a map yet, but here's my first attempt. It is a 3 vs. 3 map, but could easily replace 3 of the HQ's by dropping down the resources and make it into a FFA map for 3 players.

So what do you think? Would this work for 3v3? Does it need more texture? Less resources? The resources are set up so you have to battle with the player next to you in order to get it, or if you are on a team, you have to cooperate and decide. This would probably go to a high score since there are 6 CP's and 6 players.

Attachment:
starofdavid1.jpg
starofdavid1.jpg [ 110.7 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]

Attachment:
starofdavid2.jpg
starofdavid2.jpg [ 101.69 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Hexagram
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:58 pm 

Interesting, I just looked at HEX6 and realized this is like a smaller version of that map with just the star part and without all the roads.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:31 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

How do you want team to be positioned? all together or alternant? From looks of map it should be alternant.

The thing about 3v3 is that there will be a lot of base rushes :) . Now each player will be between 2 enemy players which are very close to him, they dont even need airlift.

I have little different map in mind, i wil let you know later.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:36 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I needed impassable terrain and i did not think we have one. Thank you for illustration :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:06 am 

sorry to say this but i dont like it xD
i think there are basically only 2 ressources people will really "fight" about, top mid and bottom mid.
the very mid will be decided by who has faster airborne and then game will be very static, make it smalelr maybe?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:20 am 

fewar wrote:
How do you want team to be positioned? all together or alternant? From looks of map it should be alternant.

The thing about 3v3 is that there will be a lot of base rushes :) . Now each player will be between 2 enemy players which are very close to him, they dont even need airlift.

I have little different map in mind, i wil let you know later.

Exactly, but any 2 players that want to base rush have to worry about the same thing being done to them, since each are between 2 enemies. So if two players decide to collapse on 1, then they leave their bases wide open for the two players on the other side. And if they use a lot of time and resources to rush 1 player, the 2 remaining players may gain the upper hand in other ways. For instance, I have seen Heinzel rush a player and eventually defeat him in a team game, but we still lost on points, and this map has a lot of CP.

Schlumpfi: there is 1 resource close to each of the 6 bases, and 1 resource between each base. There is no reason to fight for top mid or bottom mid more than any other resource since they are arranged in a circle. This map is already pretty small in my opinion. Resources are only 1 and 2 turns away, and control points are 4 turns away.

Not saying that it's a great map yet, but I feel that this star shape can be good if edited more.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am 

im not a very big fan of very symetric looking maps myself, but trying to balance them while having not everything same is hard.
u might want to take a look at these two i made today.
first one is only possible if positiong can be made better, 2nd one is also FFA map for 4 players and teammap, give me input on what you need and i can try to do some stuff :)

oh comeon, 256 kb max...

THE FRONT
SNOWTROUBLE

oh btw, besides the things i wrote to u in that pm, there are no further bugs i found :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 am 

I think those 2 are looking great, will see what chrism and dagnor think.

I especially like the Snow Trouble map since it should work well even if position is random and would work equally well as FFA or team. The bottom right player seems to have a little more room than the others, and the base is positioned differently. The person in this position seems to have a little more protection, but is also further away from the bottom middle resource. So the player on bottom left could get there in 2 turns with Adrenaline shot, but bottom right could not. Maybe move the river in on bottom right?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:32 am 

ice9 wrote:
I think those 2 are looking great, will see what chrism and dagnor think.

I especially like the Snow Trouble map since it should work well even if position is random and would work equally well as FFA or team. The bottom right player seems to have a little more room than the others, and the base is positioned differently. The person in this position seems to have a little more protection, but is also further away from the bottom middle resource. So the player on bottom left could get there in 2 turns with Adrenaline shot, but bottom right could not. Maybe move the river in on bottom right?

fixed that, wont upload another image but bottom right now has a lot of trees to prevent him from having too much space :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Here is my first 3v3. I have one more, I will post it later.
Attachment:
3duels.jpg
3duels.jpg [ 123.67 KiB | Viewed 705 times ]

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next