Something else 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It is good as it is now 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Maze of war
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

From another post :

To win the game on this map you have to take cp near you. I played several games on this map.

In first one I got the cp. If ice9 was pushing, I would have lost. But he decided to go destroy middle :) So I won game while having 1cp and 1 resource most of the game.

In second one Heinzel got the cp. I went to retake it, but then saw that I have no chance of winning, so I left him alone. So he won :)

And in previous game in similar situation Schlumpfi and I keep pushing on that cp and so we both lost.

Taking this cp is pure gamble, in sealed anyway. There should be either cps in each corner, or more than one in middle. ( replace corner resource with cp and switch resources and cp in middle for example ).

So I have created a poll. Show your opinion on this ( you can check multiple boxes)

Attachment:
maze_of_war.jpg
maze_of_war.jpg [ 107.45 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Maze of war
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm 

i dislike all the big maps in general, but putting that aside, this is one of the better ones. You can capture one between you and another guy, or try for the middle. You're only guaranteed a win if you can hold both and if you can, you DESERVE to win. I just dislike how many maps are so freaking huge like this. Therefore i think it should stay in tourneys

I HATED 4 corners with the 2 cp's in the middle. ONLY HAVE ONE IN THE MIDDLE dangit!.. Now.. with that said, adding a 2nd cp in middle would mean adding the other 2 corners' cp's as well to make it balanced. You cant add 2nd mid without other corners

Putting cp's in the other corners will make this map even bigger and more guess-which-side-your-opponent-is-going-to-rush. You cant cap both sides while also trying to get resources if your enemy shows up too. It just cant be done unless you have like 3 resources and start at 550g. Big maps have enough crap that you have to do in one turn as it is

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

My theory here is that you have to go for corner cp to win the game. If this is true, it is very bad map, cause you have just one move at start.

If someone will show me game , where someone won and did not have his corner cp in first 7 turns, I will reconsider that :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:39 pm 

that often isnt enough. Since there are 2 cp's in middle right next to cp, they get good income too. To ensure a win, you have to have both middle and a corner :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:58 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You just confirmed my statement. By saying you need both the mid and the corner, you said you need the corner :)

And I disagree with you, I won game just by having the corner. Game with Shlumpfi won player who just had his corner. And Heinzel got the mid in late game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:03 pm 

schlumpfi won a game with me and panimer by getting the corner late in the game (like 8 turns after i got a corner) then rushing the middle and gettin that

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:45 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
schlumpfi won a game with me and panimer by getting the corner late in the game (like 8 turns after i got a corner) then rushing the middle and gettin that

but that wasnt won because i had the corner, but by u fighting with breath? or are we talkin about another game?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:37 pm 

me fighting breath? when's that ever happen in FFA? XD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:43 pm 

I've won on this map several times without taking the corner point until the end of the game.

I think i've won once without ever taking the corner.

Therefore, I don't think you have to go to corner first.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 pm 

Though taking corner first is pprobably the best strategy, I don't think it is the only one.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next