OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Long live Battle Dex !
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 pm 

Hello everyone. My name is Jim. I live in Southern California which has been a bit wet lately. I am really enjoying this game. it is so inovative and challenging everytime I play it. I have played in several tournaments and have had the pleasure of playing against some of the greatest players here. I have faired well but have a lot to learn. Many of the seasoned players have given me advice on how to do things right and this has helped me a great deal to progress. Special thanks to Schlumpfi and Witcher. See you out there ! :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Long live Battle Dex !
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm 

I share your enthusiasm for the game but I'm very concerned about it's future. It may have thousands of registered users but it seems there is only a very small group playing regularly. The game didn't get exposure upon release and still hasn't received enough reviews to reach the multitudes, A positive review/score on Gamespot, Gameinformer, or IGN would have helped tremendously. Also, I believe the Starter set is download only but a box in game stores would have sold and helped spread the word, example: League of Legends.

7th division, a squad of pimps, players and hustlers.... well all the good things about those at least - Flip

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:15 pm 
Battle Dex Team

We are working on a number of items to really improve the game. There are a few major features we want to add and a large number of polish items that are still outstanding. Once we have fixed these items, we will be making a push for reviews on the bigger sites and we may sign a deal with a large publisher (we have offers already). In the interim, we will be making another bigger advertising push in February, that we expect will add a lot of players. Also, as in Starcraft/Warcraft, many players register but only play training missions/single player. These players are afraid to play on line and lose. Please try to be nice to all new players so they aren't scared to play on line. Thanks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 pm 

I hope the advertisement would as much as Travian's advertisement that practically on every site i ever go

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm 
Battle Dex Team

what sites are they advertising on. Where shuld we advertise?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm 

is there a facebook group? if so i can recommend it to all my friends on there since id rather not speak to them all individually

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm 

I think a great place to advertise would be at day9, he got 11K viewers, that are pretty much game addicted and strategy game players ( the right people you want). If you could talk to him to maybe talk about 2-3 minutes of the game 2 times a week at the middle of his cast or end, I can sure you will got tons of players.

Other place you can ad: google adwords ,people don't search for this king of games at google but a good advertising must be small in many places as possible and after a few months you pick the one that brings you more result.I've been using it ALOT, of course for a company but should work the same for the google search "online strategy game" "real time strategy game"

Other places: game websites, youtube reviwers, google banner at MMORPG websites

this works, of course it all depends how much you want to spend, but all this ideas are the cheapest and with best results for me.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]