OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mass Effect
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:01 pm 

Mass Effect has been on my "i wanna play.." list for a while, and when dad offered to buy it for me, i finally got that chance. I'm currently on the first of the 3 main missions (i think), and so far, it's AMAZING.

I hate huge storylines (that held me away from lord of the rings and star wars) so at first glimpse, this was extremely threatening, but after about an hour I understood it all fine.

The animation and combat are both exceedingly well done! (To look at this and Dragon Age and note that they're by the same company is scary). I turn off all the lights in my room and half-daze out when i play, and the animation is good enough to really feel like your in the middle of it all. And in combat (all guns), you have to THINK about it. Duck behind walls, wait for them to peak out at the right time, all that nice stuff.

The map system is really annoying, especially in the first place (citadel) you play. I wish the main map and minimap had been done completely differently, but other than that, I don't have any big complaints

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 am 

The story of Mass Effect is great. I played ME and ME 2 more than once and I still like it. If someone has problems in one of these games you can ask me. ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:04 pm 

I'll be sure to keep that in mind! I'm playing ME for the first time, while simultaneously replaying DA: Origins, and soon Kingdom Hearts 1 as well :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 pm 

I would like to play DA, Origins too, but I don't have the money for it. Because I started my driving licence and I'll buy Halo; Reach in a few days. :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

DaO cost like 10 euro here (Slovakia) currently.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 pm 

yeah it isn't expensive. Just don't bother buying all the add-on missions or Awakening. I've heard they arent worth the extra money

Jesus, mass effect is annoying me. I'm in the Artemis Tau cluster and am right at the end of this big quest (theres a fight with a big robot, a few frog-ish enemies, and a few other enemies)
1st time, i died in 2 seconds, before i even knew what was going on
2nd through 5th time, i died before i could even kill off the extras
6th time, i got down to just the boss, another frog dude comes out of nowhere and kills me instantly...

This is on normal difficulty.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:59 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

This is not the end of quest, but I agree it is one of the more difficult ones. On insane it took some time. What I learn there was to get the hell away from there, save ( not sure if that is possible ), then run back, kill one of them, run away.... . But on normal it wasnt that big chalenge :) . Wait for the real end if this quest, there you have nowhere to run :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm 

there isnt anywhere to run in this one, and you cant save in combat T__T also, somehow i didnt get one of the possible companions. I got Wrex and Williams (who i use), Garus, Krainer (or something like that), and Tali, but theres one blank spot

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:28 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You get the last one at this planet (I hope i am not mixing planets :) ) . This fight is outside, no? So run away until you are out of combat :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:47 pm 

if i dont stay behind the wall (theres 2 sections of a "wall" to hide behind, with a gap in between) then ill die in 1 hit

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next