OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Witcher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:05 pm 

I was messing around on Gamestop.com and saw this in the corner. THAT'S where Withcer's name came from!!! I've wondered for so many months xD

Can anyone give a little review of the game? It sounds pretty interesting. Also, is it coincidence that the Witcher's name is Geralt? >.>

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=71511

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: The Witcher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:37 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Yes I've got my nickname from this game some years (maybe 5 years) ago. But the first time I played this game was in 2010. Actually I stopped pretty fast to play it. It is very slow at the beginning and you need to invest some time into it before it gets interesting. But I'm already looking forward for the second part which is going to be (IMO) amazing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:26 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I hope you got it from books then and not from game :)

This RPG game at its best, it had some bugs and loooong loading times (really annoyingly long) when it came out, but with current version its all gone (especially the loading times). Also it shouldnt be expensive now.

Also books are very good ( story of game is after the books, but Geralt remembers nothing, so you dont need to read them to play the game ) , but dont watch the tv series they made based on this, thats beyond awful.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

WitcherSRS wrote:
It is very slow at the beginning and you need to invest some time into it before it gets interesting.

Well it is RPGs, and they are mostly slow. Bu then you play them for long time and not for 5 hours like some current games.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm 

The story might start slow, but actually imho it turns into one of the best in computergames. I really loved that game and it was one of the few games, where even in the end, i still talked to absolutely everyone and tried everything and completed every subquest and not like in other games, where latest at the half of the game i turn into speedmode and just rush through. You get a few choices in the storyline, but neither is black-white (usually all options are dark grey in hindsight ^^) I actually played it again after first playthrough and it still got me.
In the final version also most annoying things are fixed, so bugs are gone and loadingtimes are not such a huge issue anymore. (It worked very slowly on my old laptop in original version, final version ran okay, and my new half year old 500 euro laptop has absolutely no problems with it at all)
So if it is cheap, i would for sure recommend it. :D

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]