OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Microsoft's.. Project Natal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm 

Anyone else really excited for this? I got a 360 last november just to get ready for this whenever it comes out -- it looks phenominal!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Microsoft's.. Project Natal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:53 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I am kinda disappointed with the fact that they are redesigning it now to be cheaper and not use the same technology they promised when it was first announced

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 pm 

Mlowe1982 wrote:
I am kinda disappointed with the fact that they are redesigning it now to be cheaper and not use the same technology they promised when it was first announced

I have not heard this -- only seen the trailer for it. What is it missing now that they had originally said?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I will have to look it up in my xbox mag again i will let ya know soon

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm 

I was able to try Natal (or now "kinect") at best buy earlier (got Darksiders too, excited for that!). I'm going back and will try dance central, but here's what i thought of it:

I tried one of the soccer minigames on MotionSports
The physics of the game was not good at all. However using kinect on the menus and what not was beautiful. To select something, you hold your hand there and there will be a loading circle. I had some trouble getting the exact angle i wanted to kick, but all in all it was pretty damn accurate. Plus in the background there was a screen like at some sports stadiums that showed me actually playing which was neat too.

Basically, i think they took the Wii's hits and misses, expanded on the hits, corrected the misses, and will definitely have an amazing product once some good games come out for it. As far as I'm concerned, the only good games atm are Dance Central and the fighting one (though i havent tried either yet, so that may change)

Has anyone else tried it? What did you think?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Usually I like all those innovations, especially in this sector. But like the nintendo's wii it all depends on the games. Wii has like 5 games the make really great use of its controler capabilities. And everything I saw of natal was the same retarded party-game-shit as usual.
I'll just wait what happens.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm 

that's exactly why i havent bought it yet. But there are 4 or 5 games set for Q1 2011 that look really cool. Here's the ones I'm excited for:
project draco (havent decided if it'll be good or not yet)
Rise of Nightmares
Haunt
Child of Eden (also havent decided yet)
I'm also excited for DanceMasters (aka Dance Dace Evolution) but if it's the only good game out there, it can wait

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]