OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: SC2 armies?
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 pm 

So.. I tried terran (i'm usually protoss). I can easily defend my base but... how the heck do you form a killer army? What units make a good army for terran? And while we're at it, for protoss and zerg?

For toss i usually use:
mass sentry or mass stalkers (with blink)
a few colossi
a few immortals
about a dozen phoenixes
a few warp rays sometimes

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: SC2 armies?
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

terrain, mass thors. Game over.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm 

i made one or two but they died easily, and theyre very slow, as well as taking up a lot of room. Would like 20 thors and 20 air-vikings (for AA, then assistance ground) work well?

I just got my 2nd and 3rd terran wins, both times by getting about a dozen marauders and a dozen marines and attacking -- they only had 3 zeals and a few cannons (with only one pylon supporting every area)

As far as attacking protoss, a LOT of people rely solely on units to defend their stuff, so if you can down their units and take out their support pylons, gameover

Zerg is easier since theyre all ground and splash/aoe works wonders

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Bubbles, how exactly do pylons offer support? Do they provide vision for the turrets?

And mass Thors do indeed serve as a powerful army, their powerful against ground and air! But their really tech heavy and expensive on resources. My opinion is that with Terran, it's all about smaller organized skirmishes, with units that counter the opposing units.

You see alot of ground? Mass banshees, meanwhile also mass reapers to hit their expansion or main, then come in with mass stimpacked marines and seige enabled tanks for support with their range. That's what I like about the Terran, their very versatile. Also, against a protoss player, ghosts are very powerful with their emp. The emp blast takes away most energy and most if not all shields of the units.

PLUS, ghosts can cloak.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I had 30 thors and they just murder everything. ESPECIALLY air. Vs air they have AoE

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:47 pm 

panimer wrote:
Bubbles, how exactly do pylons offer support? Do they provide vision for the turrets?

here is my attempt at a picture lol:
--________
/----------------\
l----l_l----------l
l-----------------l
\_________/

-'s are to keep everything lined up, so ignore them. Immagine that's a circle and put a center point in it. the square is a buildng. Pylons make a circle like that and a building has to be made inside the circle. If the pylon(s) the building is in are killed, the building won't work

that's why if you fight protoss and they dont have abutload of pylons,KILL THE PYLONS and units, THEN the buildings. Pylon's are freaking weak

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:24 am 

i have sc2 now too i play protos but iam not so good in time most i lose :) and iam only in bronze liga

is has begin good in story mode i nefer died one time but then as i begin multiplayer its end :)

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 am 

i actually never bought SC2. Had to save money so i quit after beta. I do play WoW though so yall can PM me your RealID's if you want

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]