OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 pm 

Got the game soon after release for Xbox 360. I played through the whole storyline and beat the archdemon with an elven warrior, but thats the only ending i got. Also, the only add-on I played was the free one with Shale, the rock ogre thing. Anyone else enjoy this?

I was AMAZED at how much was put into the game. The dialogue alone mustve taken years. Theres just so many options for everything. And i think there's 3 or 4 different endings in the game

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 pm 

I really enjoyed it. A lot of my other game dev friends knocked it for the boring fight animations and "lack of innovation," but I play BioWare games for the storyline and the dialogue consequences. DA:O delivered on those fronts IMO.

Not going to bother with the Awakening expansion until they cut the price in half, though. Too much other stuff to play!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:08 pm 

hah, yeah i have a GIANT list of games i want to play, but with the little money i get and needing drum stuff, gas in 6 months, and food when hanging out at the mall on the weekends, i think the only one I'll buy for a long long time is Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. (I have the 2nd).

You wanna talk about amazing story lines? Kingdom Hearts. BEST EVER. written by the same guy who made Final Fantasy

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:57 pm 

okay so i know i made this a long time ago, but after playing through this, i stopped using my xbox for 4 or 5 months. Now i have mass effect and am also replaying this. For those who have not played, here's a review (xbox version -- i don't know if the ps3 or pc versions are any different, but i immagine not)

Physical aspects:
The ANIMATION and COMBAT system are both really lacking. While it's acceptible, it isn't good.

The programmers need to be fired from bioware for being absolutely sloppy. Little things weren't concerned about at all... For example! When a person is hit by a fire magic spell, they have fire around them. At the end of the mage origin, you fight a fire demon, then wake up in your bed when he dies. You'd think that waking up and starting a conversation with your best friend would kill the fire stuff right? nope. I wake up to a "glad to see youre alright" as i'm burning alive. This just goes to show how annoyingly nitpicky dagnor's job can be ;)

Story aspects:
The storyline is very cool and original. There are many different endings to the game (ive only seen one), tons of extra downloadable side-stories/continuations, and they do an all out amazing job with the "pick your own path" aspect of things.

Other thoughts:
I'm a huge sucker for games like this and WoW (combat classes with tank/damage/healer, in renaissance/medeivalish times) and was able to get past the sloppiness to really enjoy the game, but it's quite a nuisance.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I dont understand why would you play this on xbox :) Such games are much better on pc. Controls on console ( for rpg games ) are so annoying and slow. They made planescape:torment same way for pc and it ruined game for me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 pm 

1. I don't have a gold membership and need single-player games
2. I only have a few games for xbox and this wasn't very bad (just selecting skills)
3. It's more fun to play in bed and with a big tv

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]