OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Strategy Tactics
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 am 

So this game is obviously a game of strategy. Some people have gotten it down, others, like myself, have no clue. So what's YOUR strategy that you like to use in BattleDex? Unless of course, you want to keep that to yourself ;)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Strategy Tactics
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I desire to try out this ridiculous legendary heli strat. You can't buff hero units right?

Personally, I have a couple hero cards and then some X amount of units for Y amount of gold cards. It's been working pretty nicely in the past few games I've played.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:24 pm 

Correct, you can't buff or debuff Hero units.

I can attest to the effectiveness of Xlom3000's current deck. :x

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:49 pm 

Well, I just played a 1v1 with Aan earlier, and actually did decent in the beginning!
There were only 2 control points, but what seemed to work really well was let the other take it quickly, then slowly creep in with a big army and take em out, and slowly push for their base. It was a long game but eventually my whole army and base were destroyed

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm 

I like to try and get victory/control points and win before the other players have a chance to build up an army. To do this, I usually bring quite a few cards for infantry units - Guerilla Fighter to camouflage them and increase attack, occasionally High Caliber Boost for 300% attack, Adrenaline so they can get to the control point faster, and a couple of heal cards when they get damaged.

Sure, my record is 12 wins and 28 losses, but I sure have a lot of points!

Tips for playing others:

Aan - get points and win before he builds up army, increase your vision, watch out for AA Hero and heavy ground units
Cooldown - use Artillery Hero against him until he is furious

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 pm 

ice9 wrote:
Cooldown - use Artillery Hero against him until he is furious

This used to be true, but now I have tricks up my sleeve against the Artillery Hero. Plus we're nerfing him a bit, which was sorely needed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Guide to ultimate victory.

1) Be in a raid in WoW
2) enter BD tourny
3) tab between games from time to time
4) ???
5) profit

I swear to god this works. I've won almost every tourny I've been in while doing this method and lost every tourny I've been in while not in a WoW raid. Maybe it's because I have to act more swiftly and don't have the time to second guess myself. OR... maybe, just maybe, I'm the chosen warlord.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm 

Xlom3000 wrote:
Guide to ultimate victory.

1) Be in a raid in WoW
2) enter BD tourny
3) tab between games from time to time
4) ???
5) profit

I swear to god this works. I've won almost every tourny I've been in while doing this method and lost every tourny I've been in while not in a WoW raid. Maybe it's because I have to act more swiftly and don't have the time to second guess myself. OR... maybe, just maybe, I'm the chosen warlord.

aghhh. i havent played WoW since... hm.. October? I got hacked, realized I got a heck of a lot more accomplished without it, and kinda just didn't bother to get it back. It was upsetting but deffinately a good move for me. xD But anyways... Are we talkin PUG or guild raids? That'd make all the difference ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:03 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Who does Pug raids? I remember trying to do gruuls lair with a pug.... Talk about the biggest waist of gold in wow. I was an elemental shammie and they couldnt get and control aggro I would cast one lighting bolt it would recast my lighting cap would discharge i would do like 10k damage and then i would be dead. I dont think we even made it to the first boss fight that whole time. Now mind you I had been through BT and what not at that point in my wow life..... I hate PUGS.... and WOW

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I'm actually on a server where the level of skill is quite high. we run PUG GDKP runs through Ice crown a lot now.

Basically, in a GDKP run, you don't roll on dropped gear, you bid on it. highest bidder wins the item. At the end of the run, all the gold is split evenly between all raid members. You generally come out with about 1-3k gold EACH for about an hour-2 hours of raiding.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next