OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Pen Tablet help? (Wacom)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Trolling?

An ACT score of 24 is nothing to brag about. You're a senior and you dont have a graphing calculator?
Not to be too harsh on the young ones, but you're going to let your future be impacted by not having a graphing calculator?

It is ok. Some people will always stay at the bottom echelon of society. Being a senior, looks like you're already headed to community college.

Bubbles, a major in Computer Science in a real 4-year university is what you want. A game-design degree by these "technical" universities is not going to get you hired anywhere, let alone game-design companies.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1958&p=11367#p11367

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm 

solid wrote:
Bubbles, a major in Computer Science in a real 4-year university is what you want. A game-design degree by these "technical" universities is not going to get you hired anywhere, let alone game-design companies.

Yeah, it's whatever. I don't want to major in computers/games, that's just the plan in case something goes wrong. I'm a drummer/percussionist and plan on majoring in Music Performance, as said earlier. If i go to LSU, I can most likely get a full scholarship if i do good in the audition as well as keep my grades up (taking all honors classes, and AP where i can, have a 4.0 for both semesters this year).
Also, I'm being sure to keep a tab of all the bands/orchestra's I'm in since I started band 4 years ago

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Dude. LSU has a 73.5% acceptance rate.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... rouge-2010

You don't want to go to a fucking school with a 73.5% acceptance rate.

If you already have 4.0s, that shows a good sign of maturity as a freshman. You need to re-adjust your goals higher. LSU can always be your back-up.

If you have financial difficulties, don't worry. The U.S. Govt will always find a way to send you to a good school, if you've earned it. Grades is not that important Freshman year, but Sophomore/Jr year is where your grades will matter the most.

If music is your hobby, keep it as your hobby. You can easily join the band if you're good. You don't have to make it your college career.

Computer science is one of the more lucrative undergraduate degrees.

Since your grades aren't a problem, it's time to explore leadership opportunities within your school campus or community.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:14 pm 

solid wrote:
Dude. LSU has a 73.5% acceptance rate.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... rouge-2010
You don't want to go to a fucking school with a 73.5% acceptance rate.

If you already have 4.0s, that shows a good sign of maturity as a freshman. You need to re-adjust your goals higher. LSU can always be your back-up.

If you have financial difficulties, don't worry. The U.S. Govt will always find a way to send you to a good school, if you've earned it.

We're not poor whatsoever, but I don't have oodles of money for college, and LSU has a good band program, and is half an hour from home so i can stay in touch with family (and I have friends there / about to go there)

One of the groups I'm in is the Louisiana Youth Orchestra Percussion Ensamble, and I've been talkin to the director which has helped me a lot. Such as, now I know to audition for a ton of colleges even if I think I'll make LSU.

Really though, I have 2 or 3 more years to narrow down colleges. I'm not really searching thoroughly right now.

solid wrote:
Grades is not that important Freshman year, but Sophomore/Jr year is where your grades will matter the most.

Whether this is true or not, I'm gonna keep a 4.0 (as best I can) until I'm accepted into the right college.

solid wrote:
If music is your hobby, keep it as your hobby. You can easily join the band if you're good. You don't have to make it your college career.

Computer science is one of the more lucrative undergraduate degrees.

Since your grades aren't a problem, it's time to explore leadership opportunities within your school campus or community.

I've already talked to people about instability and all that -- Music will be my major unless I physically can not play anymore. Also, as far as being in band, I've been in:

School band 5th-9th grade
Marching band 9th
LJYO 8th
LYO 8th-9th
LYOPE 8th-9th
Honor Band 7th-9th
Lessons 8th (starting again when I get my license)
(yes, I am keeping a record for when I fill out forms for college)

Last edited by Bubbles on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:22 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Bubbles wrote:
We're not poor whatsoever, but I don't have oodles of money for college, and LSU has a good band program, and is half an hour from home so i can stay in touch with family (and I have friends there / about to go there)

One of the groups I'm in is the Louisiana Youth Orchestra Percussion Ensamble, and I've been talkin to the director which has helped me a lot. Such as, now I know to audition for a ton of colleges even if I think I'll make LSU.

Really though, I have 2 or 3 more years to narrow down colleges. I'm not really searching thoroughly right now.

Do you really want to go to a college next to home? People that always stays in their comfort zones will never go anywhere in life.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm 

solid wrote:
Do you really want to go to a college next to home? People that always stays in their comfort zones will never go anywhere in life.

It doesn't really bother me either way, it's just a lot cheaper to go to college in-state. Also, I already know my way around the campus somewhat, have friends there, and like I said, it'd be free or dang near...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:33 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. That's why I said I'm taking it again when I'm prepared (Next ACT, with a graphing calculator)

I'm actually going to a 4-year university for Mass Communications - Broadcasting.

What college do you go to, Solid? Just out of curiosity.

1v1 Sealed Tournament Win

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3