OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myspace v.s Facebook Battle of the Social sites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 am 

Well in my time so far there has been very few social sites that stand out above par. First came along Myspace, it had a big boom then a sudden downfall. Then facebook came along and its the happening thing now! They been around for roughly the same amount of time, but what did Myspace do to fall so hard? What did facebook do to boost its growth? Simple point is I have friends so stubborn who will nly use Myspace or Facebook not both. In over view I want to see what people Like from both. And don't like at the same time. Open disscusion now!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Myspace v.s Facebook Battle of the Social sites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:45 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Facebook's advantage is it's app-accessibility.

Myspace's time is so over.

1v1 Sealed Tournament Win

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:30 pm 

i used to only have a myspace. about 6 months ago i tried facebook and was completely confused - but once i got used to it i like it a lot better than myspace. Also, my favorite thing: IT KEEPS YOU LOGGED IN! I got tired of logging in every time on myspace -- i log into facebook like every 2 weeks.. lol

also, a lot of people really like doin all the surveys and quizes (i dont see why)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 pm 

The apps is what got me hooked on facebook. Its has a confusing interface at first yes. But with tiem everything works out. I really think facebook is going to stick around for awhile. Im really Looking forward to what the Google Wave Platform has to offer. Your going to see it comming around soon. But really beta testing it has been really nice. God I love technology =D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:49 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I think myspace failed because it started to lose it's originality by adapting too many facebook aspects.

It tried too hard to be like facebook and failed. Also, I think myspace gained the reputation of gearing towards a middle school and highschool crowd. Facebook instantly geared towards networking, period. This was able to give facebook a huge following, because college students(big time networkers) and older professionals alike were now able to... network.

Not to mention, I like facebook's layout and usability better.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Facebook won, because it has farmville and with that lots of women and with that lots of men. People who never touched computer before are playing these stupid games all day long.. I am resisting so far and do not have facebook (nor myspace), but Civilization on facebook will come and I am not sure if I will resist after that :) .

By the way watch the facebook episode of South Park.
"Are you guys doing that stupid facebook stuff again? Why are you guys in here wasting your time? We are supposed to be out playing videogames." - Stan Marsh

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]