OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Best ways to GET FIT!
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:36 pm 

Mlowe1982 wrote:
Dont worry about cal's since you are already around the weight you want. You need to build up endurance so you u need to play the non stop modes. *Not sure if super nova has them* i know that when i use to play ddr in the arcades for hours a day the best thing i could do was double mat on expert but dont try to start with that. Also man if u got a bike that will help get you fit as will swimming and with summer coming up I would focus on a swimming biking exercise plan.

Also do not focus on any weight gaining exercises you should be fully focused on cardio and correctly eatting.

1. not really anywhere to bike. I'm too lazy and lonesome to do it around the neighborhood.
2. i wish i had a pool! although there IS a local water park that i always get a season pass for, so i should be going there soon :)
3. yeah, weight i don't really care about. Just wanna stay tall/scrawny/skinny, but build up stamina and endurance. It's so bad that there have been a few marching practices where it hurt to breathe and i had to sit out for half the practice or more =/ Not good for bassline haha

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:53 am 

Hi Bubbles,

I like running and climbing. Maybe these advices can help you

1. No matter what you do, it should be fun doing it, otherwise you ll stop it soon after you have started. Disciplin is good for a short period, fun keeps you doing it for a long time.
2. Running: Frequency and time are important, not distance or speed. Jog for 15-60 Minutes every 2nd day instead of 10km (or miles) fullspeed once a week. With time you can go to longer runs. After some months (when your knees and ligaments got used to running) you can integrate speed intervals into your runs . Speed units are for example 100m at full speed, or half a mile as fast as you can. You can vary this. After one speed unit you should jog very slow and recover before you go on with the next one.
3. Do you have the possibilty to climb? In a hall or on a rock? With climbing you get muscle strenght, strenght endurance and body tension without getting muscle weight. In addition it has some similarities to drumming. You have to coordinated all four limbs at the same time. And its creative, different foot and hand holds require different styles and techniques. But most important its fun (or addictive :-) ). For me spending a day on the rocks int the sun with a couple of friends is all that life is worth living.

regards HexFreak

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 am 

running isnt fun alone, and i don't have any friends in the neighborhood =/ My city is set up so that you have to drive to go anywhere outside of your neighborhood... And there isnt really anything to climb, except a cool rockwall place about an hour away, but you have to pay of course, and I don't even know if theyre still open

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3