OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: tourney refunds??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:02 pm 

So tonight togo and i were the only 2 checked in for a team tourney which cost 25 pts and 3 packs. It said we won, but instead of the prize, we were refunded 25 pts and 3 packs. THIS NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED. Refund 25 pts and 75 more (or whatever 3 packs will cost later down the road). I'm trying to save for 900 points to purchase 40 packs, but now i have 3 packs at normal price and may have to wait an extra week to get points for it. Giving back the points will give players a choice, and make them happier :)

When the messaging system works, there also needs to be an automated message explaining that it was refunded

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: tourney refunds??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:51 am 
Battle Dex Team

Assuming giving a refund is the right thing, why should you be refunded something different then exactly what you paid. Isn't that what a refund is? Am I missing something?

Hopefully, we will not have to issue refunds for tournaments that don't happen, but I don't understand.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 am 

the price was 3 packs and 25 points. Instead of refunding 3 packs and 25 points, you need to refund 100 points (25 + price for 3 packs)

I only bought packs to play in the tournament -- I'm trying to save all my points, and you can't sell packs for points so this was a problem. If you refund the points, you will give players a choice to either have packs or keep the points, rather than forcing them to keep the packs

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:10 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

1. I doubt I will ever buy a pack after a release. :) You dont have to do that also, no one forces you.
2. You can sell packs for points. Just make a trade. I dont know what price you will get for them..
3. Thanks for reminding me, I actually have enough points to buy 40 packs :) . Will try if that works.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:16 am 

i wanted to play in the tourney and had 700 pts/ 0 packs. Therefore i now have 625 points, which means i may have to wait an extra week (or however often yall give points) to get the 40 packs. And when points are a lot less common, this could be a nuisance to players. Don't wanna run them off :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

No one will have that many points, unless he buys them himself. You will not get points for free after release :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 am 

okay now i have 600 points and 7 packs (basically, i got the first prize of the tourney and no refund). I think this is the best way to handle it after all. I know i didn't just read this wrong though, so devs, does this mean that yall are just going to award first place to people who show up if there arent enough to start the tourney, or youre indecisive still?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:21 pm 
Battle Dex Team

I understand your issue. I wasn't understanding that you only bought the packs to play in the tournament.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm 

chrism wrote:
I understand your issue. I wasn't understanding that you only bought the packs to play in the tournament.

Ah okay. Yeah, I'm trying to save points. Yall usually give 300 points (when's the next time yall are going to, btw?) so i have 600 saved up, and next time ill have 900 and buy the 40 packs

Or actually. Crap, i forgot it's 950. I have to wait 2 cycles then ^^ But still, how long is it? It's been a while since i last saw my points increase

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm 

Bubbles, I show that you just got 250 points at midnight on Friday. You should get another 250 around midnight central Monday, since it happens every 72 hours.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next