OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: tournaments for uk players
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 am 

are there going to be any change or more tournaments played around the uk times as , as it stands it seems that they are not that many to fit in with uk players . take the 2 free ones , one is at 9pm the other one is at 4am.

also how about having some '' free for all '' tournaments were people win points instead of cards ? this way people that either don't want to or can not aford to join will still be able to stand a chance of being able to save up to buy cards . i know this is still a newish online game and people that have good decks may enter , but you could set it so people could only use say up to '' rare '' cards or only better still only out of a set of cards , like able to pick from the starter deck only

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: tournaments for uk players
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 am 
Battle Dex Team

What time would you want the tournament UK time?

Sealed Deck tournaments only allow you to pick from 3 packs of cards. We could have constructed tournaments that only let you use commons or uncommons.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am 

somewere around 6pm uk time , that way people that work will be in and also the school kids should of done there homework by then ( if they still get it or do it now days :lol: )

as for a tourny for say points , could you not do it were everyone gets say the starter pack to pick from ? a little more time to pick the cards would be needed as people will have 24 to pick from ,, this way everyone gets the same choice. you could make more free tournys for a small 1st price of say 12 points , 2nd = 6 , 3rd = 3 then when it gets more people playing and i think it will , increase the prizesup to 4th or even 5th .
was only thinking this as i think this is a great game but i can see some people downloading this game to try out for a few days , they dont become a pre- player till they know if they like it ,, start on the training then get stuck on a lvl , play other people but find they loose alot as they have not got the cards , then just give up as they feel its to hard for them
hope this makes sence ?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 pm 
Battle Dex Team

It makes sense. But, you can play sealed deck only if you check the box. That means everyone is on the same level (card wise) whether or not you have the cards.

We have had one free tournament for points. We won't do many, but we will probably have another. Howeve,r the top players all play if it is for points.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:52 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Yes no one will stop me from getting my points! :) (except witcher)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:16 pm 

but if you have it as a sealed deck tourny , but have the deck as the starter deck of 24 cards ,everyone would have the same cards to pick from

again sorry if this comes over to strong , its just ive been looking for a good game like this for a long time ,, but with only a few tournys on at night 2100=free /0300=25pts and 3 pkts ( can not see many new people going for this ) 0400=free i just feel new people will not stay long playing this game as the way it is at the moment i see it as going like this == download / start playing the training missions / get stuck on a lvl so try 1v1 online but come up against people that have a better understanding of the cards and the game // then end up not playing as much and matbe not going premuin .
saying this im not sure were you want the game to go , are you looking at going up against the big main online games out there , or staying as a lower but more friends based game were everyone knows everyone .i love the game and can not see myself stopping playing but i do see that sometimes its hard to find people online wanting to play co-ops or even looking for 1v1

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]