OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: engineers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm 

It would be nice to have a unit that could repair idle units and/or fortresses...Maybe just being able to have one unit repairing at any given time like 10-20 hp per turn? This cold prevent people from using merc tank strat to raid your fort. And/or give an option for retreat of dying units....May provide a way to salvage almost dead units?? What do you think...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: engineers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:33 pm 

haha im amazed how much of a buzz this strategy has made XD
There is an upcoming card-idea contest. You should put in an idea for either a mercenary repair card or a new unit that only repairs (like the Medic in Starcraft Terrans)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking give units in your base a heal over time effect. that way you can fall back and heal up some. make it something small enough that it doesn't downplay healing cards. maybe 5-10hp a turn.

Would make evac cards actually useful

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:39 pm 

Xlom3000 wrote:
Would make evac cards actually useful

AGREE AGREE AGREE.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 pm 

It's been discussed with the team in the past, but we keep coming back to the fact that it could greatly increase the number of units on the board and decrease the strategy involved. Plus it would lessen the effectiveness of certain heal cards, though Evac would become more useful.

If you guys can make a strong case for this, it'll come up again during development.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm 

well.. theres a tank factory and airport... why not a mechanic building that is attatched to your base? That way it isn't a given, but can still be worked into defensive (and maybe offensive) strategies!

I'll save this for wednesday

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:36 pm 

Keep in mind, this would prolong matches and really weaken the healing cards we have in place already. Evac cards are also more useful than you might think.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Make it so only one unit in your base can be healed per turn. The unit that is healed can be based on whichever unit has the lowest hp during the start of that turn

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:18 am 

I agree with the evac cards idea...I don't even put the heal cards in my deck cuz I feel like they are POS IMHO because I'd rather have a discount card to make a new unit instead...by the time the card does anything the unit usually dies anyway. I see the problem with having too many units on the board though that does make sense. Also there might be more ingame lag if you were to preserve more units?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 am 

Having too many units on the screen doesn't increase "lag" per se, but it does draw out the replays longer and it's more awkward considering only one unit can be on a hex at a time. You'd be more likely to have a unit's path blocked by another.

Dom, when you have a Legendary unit (5+ kills) with tons of buffs dominating an area of the map, other players tend to make it their mission to destroy it. THAT is where heal cards come in very handy. ;)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]