OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: (single player idea) Take Over the World!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm 

Several games ive seen have single player modes that involve you fighting other countries to take over the world. I used to love a flash game like that, though i forget what it was called. Also, i played Dawn of War once, and i remember they had something like that

BattleDex is a warfare game, so this would make perfect sense to me ^^ You could have training missions like you already have planned, but then once all the missions are done, they are promoted to "Army General" or whatever (single-player rank only) and are in charge of leading their player-made country to victory!

Also, as another way to get money, you could make the 5-10 training missions free, and the first 1 or 2 fights vs countries free, but for those who pay, they get the whole single player campaign, as well as several difficulty levels?

Just a thought :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: (single player idea) Take Over the World!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 pm 
Battle Dex Team

I'm not sure I understand exactly what a fight v country is. Can you explain further. Thanks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:47 am 

okay so i found the flash game. It's called Warlords: Call to Arms. One of my favorite (yet very simple) flash games ive ever played. http://www.kongregate.com/games/DJStati ... ll-to-arms

If you look at that for a minute you'll see what i mean.

Basically, make your own country (or choose one, depending on which youd rather have players do), and make a map of however many real-life countries you want, on earth. Basically the player's country must fight other countries, and when you win, you take over that country. You could also make it turn-based (check out Epic War to see what i mean: http://www.kongregate.com/games/rudy_sudarto/epic-war-3) so that other countries can challenge you (and each other) as well. All countries except your own are computer-controlled, of course

The point of the campaign would be to take over every country and rule the world. Naturally, the difficulty for the AI would increase the closer you get. Maybe you could have Germany as the final fight (i think many players here would be proud of that, and they kinda deserve it looking back at history) and it could be like a match vs solid or asfa. I think itd be cool to have a single-player campaign that can help players be really good in multi-player

1. As for fighting countries, of course it would be a normal game, but idk if you'd want best 2 of 3, just 1 game or what.
2. I also suggest that each country has its own map, that is only used for that 1 game in the campaign and only otherwise available in private matches (or training missions so they can use decks)
3. You could even have 2 versions of the campaign: Constructed and Sealed

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:26 pm 

so as far as this, idea, what do yall think?

Also, as far as single-player campaigns, instead of making this a dev-thing, why not work on the map editor (not right now, but when you want the campaign) and tell us beta testers what you want, and we can all work on it for yall. Save yall some stress and get it done 10x faster :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:29 pm 

a littel locic mode their you have match situation a time limit some carts and a mision zb take the reschorsche in the naechst 2 turn also you must break down the deff from the oponent in 2 turns from the cpu
you can see the unit they in range vision they have first shot 2 shot and the 3 shot so you must look on this for your tactic too

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]