OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Leader unit
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:21 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I was thinking why you cannot continue playing with units you have after your base is destroyed ( especially in team ) , how to justify that. I thought maybe you have player (leader, general... ) in base and with base destruction he dies. And then I had this idea :) :

Leader unit: You can spawn leader unit from your base. You will start with infantry ( on rank private ) and you will unlock stronger units as you level up. This unit will be free, but it will have one catch. If it dies, you lose :) . ( and if your base is destroyed but you have leader unit outside, you can keep playing with your units, and even buy new if you have tank factory/airfield ).

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Leader unit
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:36 pm 

i love this idea :) people would use them either for attacking and risk that they get their asses wooped or hide them somewhere in teamgames :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 pm 

I really like this ^^ Also, whether or not this "hero" unit is implemented, i agree with the Using your units when base is destroyed 100%. Especially if they still have a tank fac or airport!

As for the special hero unit.. This would be cool, and also great to have some RPG elements. There are many ways to do it. I like the idea that it starts as an infantry, and levels up. I think it should level up from overall kills by all of your units OR each time you capture a ressource or CP (1 pt for neutral captures, 1.5 or 2 pts for enemy captures). Maybe players can choose which counts ^^ Choose before a game, and could have a card that allows players to switch their choice even

The way to level up your "hero" (there needs to be another name for him), could depend on how he gains experience. If it counts for captures, you could level him up by either making a resource and/or a CP neutral. If they gain experience by CP's, it levels up by giving Victory points. If by kills, pay money.n

"If the unit dies, you lose" I don't like this. It's the same principle if your base is destroyed. Yes the commander is dead, but not the whole army.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm 

if you want to add rpg elements, then something like this would be nice

we get to buy this unit from our main base... lvl of hero x 10 G, up to 100G...

each level, we get to upgrade its stats maybe 1 stat per level up to 10...
example of stats

HP+ 20
Range +1
Movement +1 hex
Armor +10%
Skills (a variety of skills that the players can choose or change)

-we might also include stats such as hero type - artillery,recon, tank, and such..

of course the dev would have much to code to add such a feature into the game... haha... as well as changing those hero cards that we currently have...

-well... i think a base is much more valuable compare to the 'leader' so if its down.. its down...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:04 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

What I meant by upgrading it was meant for outside of the game. Like on rank private you have infantry and on general you unlock heavy tank. This way it wouldnt need much programing. But implementation is not important.

Point was to have unit for free ( or cheaper than normal ) which has to stay alive or you lose. It would be risk to use it, but this risk could help you win the game which would be otherwise lost.

EastCr9w wrote:
-well... i think a base is much more valuable compare to the 'leader' so if its down.. its down...

Well if you lose base, you cannot buy new units.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]