OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lots of minor fixes needed ASAP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm 

So there are a ton of little things I that are very small fixes but NEED to be fixed before the devs start focussing on another big feature. So I decided to make a list of everything i could catch. Please feel free to argue against any of these or add to them! @Devs: Hope this helps!

1. When opening Manage Cards, Modify Deck, or anything that shows cards, Discount Units is not Auto-Selected. It needs to be.

2. Card sections on the website are in a different order than in-game. That needs to be changed.

3. I really think Schlumpfi's idea about the Points and Packs dialogs in-game changing colors needs to be put in. Red if it's at 0, Yellow if it's below.. what, 75 pts / 3 packs? and blue if it's above those numbers

4. Trading REALLY needs the AND/OR and Comments features added

5. Sometimes when you surrender on turn 0 (picking a deck), the "Orders Submitted, waiting for opponent" thing stays at the top of the screen

6. Button on the bottom of the screen (Fullscreen, Options, and chats) are clicked even if someone clicks on their shortcut bar (this is annoying for people like me who have auto-hide on)

7. When a person joins Global Chat, the Global chat bar should REPLACE the Join Global Chat bar. You should never have both.

8. Why, when ordering units' movement, does it ask you if you're selecting a hex or resource, cp, or your own unit? The only time it should ask you is if you click a hex an enemy is on (or when/if [i REALLY hope When] yall add following, your own unit, but not until then)

9. On the website, if Trading under Account doesn't link you to trades YOU made, then it needs to be removed. There's no point to have it there and community if they both show the same thing. Keep it there too if it shows YOUR trades though

10a. There needs to be an incentive besides experience for getting medals. Awards are fine. Perhaps 1 pack for each time you earn a gold medal the first time? (not sure if theyre like awards and can be gotten more than once)

10b. You need to be alerted in-game when you get an award.

11. Open the player finder, highlight a person, and close the player finder. When you re-open it, it says they're still selected, but they aren't highlighted. They need to not be selected when you re-open it

12. Open the player finder and scroll all the way down. Then open it when less people are online, and there's empty space at the bottom, depending how much fewer people are online. You have to click on the scroll bar for it to correct. It should correct each time when you open it (before you see it the wrong way)

13. Not all of the sounds obey when the sound option isnt at 100%. So far i've only heard voice acting be louder than it should be, but other than that, i don't know another variable. I think it was only when they were taking damage/dying, but not 100% sure about that

14a. Not a minor fix, but trading and awards really need to show up in-game as well as on the site

14b. Also not a minor fix, but there should definately be a replay-system that allows players to not have to exit/re-open the client, still be able to chat, etc. This would be a great addition to follow adding rewind, fast forward, pause, and speed to replays (not just movie replays, but in-game too)

15a. Y'all added incentive to finish all the coop missions. That's great. Now what about finishing all training missions?

15b. There needs to be 2 types of awards for each mission. One for completion, and one for GOLD completion.

16. In-game, where it shows your player info (name, rank, exp, etc), it says Awards, but shows nothing

17a. You don't need boxes saying "Buy Points" and "Buy Packs", and also say "Add Points" and "Buy Packs" at the buttons at the top. In my oppinion, keep the boxes on the right, and change the words in the buttons at the top to "Packs" and "Points"

17b. Change "Manage Cards" to "Cards" or "View Cards." What are you managing? All you do is look at them

17c. Change "My Decks" to "Manage Decks" or just "Decks" (i'd say Manage though). You know they're yours

18a. The Player Finder and Options bars should change colors while it's open

18b. Chat bars should have two VERY contrasted colors to blink. Not yellow and orangey-yellow...

19. There really needs to be "Briefing" in missions, even if they aren't anything special, stating the objective of that mission. Do it just like you did in Boot Camp

20a. More Options: Over-all Sound, Voice-acting, Sound Effects (movement, firing, etc), and Music as the 4 audio options, Lock Dialogs (since most are drag-able) (check or uncheck)

20b. I know button config isn't a minor fix, but for now at least add the section to options so people can have a list of all buttons. For example, i wonder how many new players know what T, G, and V do

20c. Add a shortcut for Buy (B?)

21. When a dialog like managing cards, private coop mission, private game, etc, is open, you cant use Chat or anything else until it's closed. That's a major issue

22. Manage Cards, My Decks, Private Games, etc windows are not drag-able. They need to be.

23. On all training missions (and boot camp), when you submit your deck, the camera re-adjusts to focus on the HQ again. That needs to stop

24. Maybe this is just me, but i really think there should an explanation about the Tick System in the Guide section of the site. In a STRATEGY game, the more knowledge of how things work, the better

25. Players should be able to save a default camera height to start out with (i always have mine as high as it'll go)

26. Clicking Buy re-focusses the camera on the HQ. That needs to be in options (check box), and should not re-adjust camera height

27. On turn 1 of a game, the Replay button should be grayed out

28. When a person runs out of time, their current orders MUST BE auto-submit. HUGE ISSUE right here

29. Add an option to make deck modifications done in a game permanent for that deck (in a non-sealed match of course)

30. There needs to be a "New!" symbol when you get a card that you didn't have before (also if you had it and traded it away)

31. SIT N GO LOBBY

32. Sealed tourneys need to have new cards after each round. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1826&start=0 There was not a single objection

33. When looking at the Coop window, you should be able to sort by each thing at the top (Players, medals, number, etc) up and down

34. There needs to be an error message when you try to create a private game with a name that's already taken

35. Either add a 1-player private game option or make a "Practice" section where players can try any map with any cards (i think the second option is much better because it will encourage people to practice deck builds)

36. When you click on the (Buy) Packs button at the top of the client, now that it doesn't automatically open a pack, there needs to be a few words saying something, not just a blank window

37. LET PLAYERS CHOOSE SIDES AND COLORS FOR A GAME. Especially Coop. Hezzu and I have to restart a game 5 times just so we get the right side

38. ALLOW PLAYERS TO UNDO THEIR SUBMIT AND THE CLOCK START TICKING AGAIN

39. There needs to be a way to Ping a hex. Maybe Ctrl + right click? Also marking a unit (an exclamation mark like on the inf in training 8 would be great)

40. When a unit has stat buffs, there should be the regular, the buff, AND THE FINAL AMOUNT shown, not just the first two. Hmpf did a great job showing this: http://www.battledexgame.com/forums/vie ... 6746#p6746

41. Add a pause button. Would be very handy! It would probably need to be like starcraft -- any player can pause 3 times, and any player can undo the pause. But this would help a lot, especially in private games and coop games

42. In the window where you see the selected unit's stats, there needs to be a line that says # shots / turn (I also want to see some cards that are +1 shot per turn buffs, or -1 debuffs)

43. Reserve times randomly switch between their actual time and 0:00:00 (and 0:00:00 is in black so it's hard to see)

44. Enlist Heavy and Light Tank is not on the Trading Filter List

45. Making decks on the site, a new card added to a deck doesn't show the card pick when moused over

46. When players Check In in a tournament lobby, their name should be moved to the top of the list so Checked In players aren't scattered throughout absent players

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Lots of minor fixes needed ASAP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:31 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I am not even going to read that :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 am 

It's a lot of small stuff, like changing a color on something or fixing a minor bug.
I really really hope the devs take a good long look at this list before they start working on the next big feature. A lot of little problems is one big problem, and why not take care of a big problem when its a bunch of easy fixes? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 am 

Im so lucky im not a dev.

I read most of them, i agree 100%

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:14 am 

you are so lucky you didn't have to take care of mrcaos card ideas. nopun inteded but that took me longer than the entire wiki with 1k bdex games combined!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:44 am 

and you only did half of them :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:34 am 

UPDATED THE OP AND EDITED THE 2ND POST WITH ANOTHER ISSUE

From now on this is how i'll do it, and post it each time

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:50 am 

Chrism asked which are most important, so as far as i believe (in order from most important to least):
This may be out of priority order, but i did my best to put them in the best order

Bubbles wrote:
28. When a person runs out of time, their current orders MUST BE auto-submit

Bubbles wrote:
35. Either add a 1-player private game option or make a "Practice" section where players can try any map with any cards (i think the second option is much better because it will encourage people to practice deck builds)

Bubbles wrote:
41. Add a pause button. Would be very handy! It would probably need to be like starcraft -- any player can pause 3 times, and any player can undo the pause. But this would help a lot, especially in private games and coop games

Bubbles wrote:
19. There really needs to be "Briefing" in missions, even if they aren't anything special, stating the objective of that mission. Do it just like you did in Boot Camp

Bubbles wrote:
8. Why, when ordering units' movement, does it ask you if you're selecting a hex or resource, cp, or your own unit? The only time it should ask you is if you click a hex an enemy is on (or when/if [i REALLY hope When] yall add following, your own unit, but not until then)

Bubbles wrote:
39. There needs to be a way to Ping a hex. Maybe Ctrl + right click? Also marking a unit (an exclamation mark like on the inf in training 8 would be great)

Bubbles wrote:
29. Add an option to make deck modifications done in a game permanent for that deck (in a non-sealed match of course)

Bubbles wrote:
30. There needs to be a "New!" symbol when you get a card that you didn't have before (also if you had it and traded it away)

Bubbles wrote:
6. Button on the bottom of the screen (Fullscreen, Options, and chats) are clicked even if someone clicks on their shortcut bar (this is annoying for people like me who have auto-hide on)

Bubbles wrote:
25. Players should be able to save a default camera height to start out with (i always have mine as high as it'll go)

Bubbles wrote:
18b. Chat bars should have two VERY contrasted colors to blink. Not yellow and orangey-yellow...

Bubbles wrote:
22. Manage Cards, My Decks, Private Games, etc windows are not drag-able. They need to be.

Bubbles wrote:
23. On all training missions (and boot camp), when you submit your deck, the camera re-adjusts to focus on the HQ again. That needs to stop

Bubbles wrote:
31. SIT N GO LOBBY

Bubbles wrote:
4. Trading REALLY needs the AND/OR and Comments features added

Bubbles wrote:
2. Card sections on the website are in a different order than in-game. That needs to be changed.

Bubbles wrote:
34. There needs to be an error message when you try to create a private game with a name that's already taken

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:20 am 

#28 is an absolute must, so many games I have lost because no orders submitted. Some is definately better than none.

#8 isn't a problem for me, but it makes the game look ghetto to new players

#35, 30, 2 - really like them :D

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]