OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The search system reform
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm 

Don't know if there's a suggestion about this before or not but why do the search for game using the current system?
Although it can ensure you can't pick your opponent thus making every player has a same chance to find an opponent this system makes it next to impossible to play team and FFA outside tourney since to do that you need 4 player that only checked the team or FFA option searching at the same time which is right now next to impossible
I even ever wait like 40 minutes just to find 1 opponent, let alone 4... besides not all player know there's an option to pick what type of games you would like to play
Can the matching system changed like in WC3 so that there's a "quick match up" system like the current search system for 1vs1 only (2 players) AND a list of competitive room created for team and FFA only (3 or 4 players) separated from the private one which is not listed so you had to know the exact room name to join

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: The search system reform
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:34 pm 

I would like more control over whom I play. Possibly being able to match me by rank or skill rating, or at least exit without receiving a loss against higher rated players. I know this sounds ultra whiny but there is a huge problem occurring in the game and I believe it's affecting new players negatively.

I am only an average player, winning slightly more than I lose against noobs. The problem is, I'm running into the same people at the top of the leader boards and getting crushed at an increased rate. I can't help but wonder that people are not playing more because the experience is unsatisfactory.

I know I recently started surrendering immediately or stopped playing for the evening just to avoid certain players. This doesn't make me happy and it's not good for the game. They are too good and I don't want to play them until my skills have improved.

While I agree this wouldn't be a problem if hundreds of players were online, the truth is horrifying. After checking the leader boards I see players on page 2 have played maybe a dozen games. Only six games by page 3 and a whooping two games by page 5. There are 17,060 registered players but 15,522 haven't played a single game.

7th division, a squad of pimps, players and hustlers.... well all the good things about those at least - Flip

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 pm 

Choosing opponents goes against the philosophy of the Elo rating system.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:38 pm 

Geral wrote:
Choosing opponents goes against the philosophy of the Elo rating system.

I don't know what an ELO system is, so maybe someone could tell me. And I'm not saying I should choose my opponent but there could be more filters as I said, rank or skill rating. I find it suspicious that you comment when so many players tell me that you enjoy the easy victories and are bothered when another elite player gives you clubbing.

I repeat, if someone like me avoids or stops playing then surely others have already done so.

7th division, a squad of pimps, players and hustlers.... well all the good things about those at least - Flip

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:15 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You cannot play ranked games with players you chose. You could easily cheat in ranking system.

But having option to setup minimum and maximum ELO you want to play should be ok, it just needs to be by hundreds, so you cannot chose exct person wih it. This works ok on many chess pages.

Btw. on those chess pages you can also chose your opponent to play ranked games, but problem here is that top20 are qualified for money tournaments and thats why it owuld be a problem.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:42 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I would agree that such a system should be introduced. Its really annoying that players try to skyrock their rating by the so called "noobfarming". However even top players should be able to cut the rating the play against a bit. Its really annoying when i want to try a new strat and one of the top players shows up and i cant afford to lose against him.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:27 pm 

jojo wrote:
I would agree that such a system should be introduced. Its really annoying that players try to skyrock their rating by the so called "noobfarming". However even top players should be able to cut the rating the play against a bit. Its really annoying when i want to try a new strat and one of the top players shows up and i cant afford to lose against him.

the way im reading this is that you want to want to try a new strat against a so called ''noob '' player but will not try it against someone that may beat you ?? arnt you also ,as you call it ''noobfarming'' then ????

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:33 pm 

Not really, because there would also be a setting/filter for the noob and he would have to 'choose' to play a higher rated player or jojo won't get a match.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 am 

i just though of something.... if a system like that is introduced where ex: a person with 2000 exp can only play with ppl who are above 1k and below 3k exp, then that means their are going to be fewer possibilities and longer wait times for those who have exp ratings that arent popular. Lets say that you have a flood of newbies come in, and most of the previous noobs are now adavanced. Noobs would fight noobs, but higher ranking ppl would have to have other highr ranking ppl.....

(im wording this wierdly)

i dont think it would work out so well with the current number of players that we have. Just saying

OF PAIN!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am 

jojo wrote:

Now i just realize how lucky i am to have my cousin to play with me hundreds of time on private game before i ever play against other people

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next