OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Global Chat
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm 

Just a minor suggestion. Whenever someone logs online, they are automatically put into global chat. I think some people are intimidated or put off because they have to "join". If everyone is put into when they log online, they will be more likely to stay in it and it will seem more full. But my suggestion is that it start in minimized mode. Everyone is put into global chat when they log online but the screen doesn't pop up, its just minimized at the bottom.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Global Chat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm 

agree with this one as there were 39 loged on but no one was in chat , took 7 mins to find a game

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:27 pm 

agree.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:31 am 

I'm gonna go one step further. At first I was undecided but now I think everyone should be in global chat and be unable to leave it, merely minimize it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:41 am 

dojadoug wrote:
I'm gonna go one step further. At first I was undecided but now I think everyone should be in global chat and be unable to leave it, merely minimize it.

but then activate the blinking only for qrys not for everything :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 pm 

This is not a minor suggestion. This is a very important change that needs to be prioritized. Being able to throw out messages to everyone online for games is vital to get new players, such as myself, to stick around.

Matchmaking is impossible, at least at the times I play and it is very tedious to message everyone individually to find the couple of people that want to play the format that I want. If there's no one to play with, there's no drive to stick around.

You also should be able to scroll through the chat.
(Currently 26 online, 4 in chat. I assume I play at extreme off peak times)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

This has one problem. Chat needs to be improved first. It needs history more than 15 lines, should be resizable, and when you come in into chat, no message should be written, or it will be spammed by this messages ( if there is enough people :) )

I agree that this should be done, just do the above first .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:19 pm 

BattleDex is such a unique game, that I didn't judge it too much on its chat features. But I realize that in many other games I play, especially MMORPG's, I grade very heavily on the how well the chat interface works. I've been spoiled by some games with great chat interfaces, and when I encounter a game with bad chat interfaces I often axe them right away. BattleDex got a free pass on this, because I was overly impressed with the game dynamic, but perhaps other players are turned off by what I think most of us would call an underwhelming chat system.

I'm glad Fewar bumped this post, and I agree that improving chat to the fullest extent possible is essential to making this game look legitimate to new players and helping to keep them to stay.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]