OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Card prizes in free tournaments
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am 

In the 1v1 free constructed yesterday i managed, by some bizarre miracle, to win two games and advance into the third round before being eleminated. This made me very happy these being my first constructed victories ever, what didn't made me so happy was the card i got for the third place.

Last Line of Defense...

Now, i'm not trying to be an jerk or something, but how can a card like this be a prize (and not even the worst prize) in a tournament?, doesn't it come with the starter pack that everyone gets?, and to be honest i think it's a borderline useless card except for maybe some very rare situations.

So, it's a card with 0 collector value and very limited gameplay usefulness, i was even hoping for a fourth place since that prize card (Repair Card) i don't have it and i can actually see it being useful.

I'm not suggesting that for a third place in a free tournament you should get a hero or something really good, but that card prizes in tournaments should vary a lot more and mostly stay away from the cards you get in your starter pack, it's not like you can complete the colection with free tournaments and it would give more incentive to play when you have a chance to get a decent card or at least one you don't have.

King of the bronze trophies.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Card prizes in free tournaments
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I agree. Card from starter deck shouldnt be as a prize.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:18 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Actually, if you were a free to play player with no packs, you would be very happy to get this card. There are a few coops (including a free one with a pack prize) where 3 are these are really really useful. That's why this was put as a low prize in a free tournament. I'm sure Fantom has 28 of these, but if you only had 1 and were trying to beat Snow Fotress, you would be very happy. Same goes for extra medics, repairs, etc. There are many starter deck cards where a free player would like more than 1. Again, for a 3rd or 4th prize in a free tournament, you can't complain about much.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 pm 
Recruiter + Testing Team
Recruiter + Testing Team

i dont think a card that every player has should be called a "prize"... even if you might need it for some coop... in my oppinion the game is focused to much about that coop thing.... i liked it way more in the beta where there was no coop and the only thing you did was fighting against other players and not against a dumb ai which dumbness is compensated by putting it into a gigantic advantage.... but nowadays barely anyone plays the game against other players and only plays those dumb coop missions since you get rewarded for it...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:55 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

@Heinzel
well I don't play it and you don't have to.
@topic
it's a free tournmanet, so we can be happy that there at least free tournaments. And sometimes it's not about the prize but just playing against others.

Somehow I feel like everyone is complaining about everything. Sometimes you have to think as dev. They also need their money and if they don't get money, then in the end we wouldn't have such a great game.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]