OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Check In Reminder / Auto-Check In
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 pm 

Some players forget to check in for a tourney and are then bummed when it starts at they aren't in it. I like the check-in aspect, as it saves people points when they for some reason miss a tourney without unregistering, but perhaps some small improvements could be made.

Not lobbying for anything in particular, just gonna throw you some ideas:

1) A reminder flashes at various times on a players screen. Perhaps 10 min, 5 min, 2 min, and 1 min - for players who are not yet checked in.

2) If you register for the tournament within 5 or 10 minutes of it starting, you are automatically checked in, since obviously you are there and present shortly before the tournament is set to begin.

I think something along these lines would be good, especially for new players who may not realize the check-in process, even though to me its rather clear (but even veteran ice9 has a habit of forgetting the check-in phase :lol: )

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Check In Reminder / Auto-Check In
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:18 pm 

i like the second one, but i dont want the first one bugging out my screen for tourneys i'm not interested in

OF PAIN!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:59 pm 

imo, having an auto-check in would defeat half the purpose of having it in the first place. HOWEVER, i do think that #2 is a good idea for when people enter the tournament with less than a minute left. I've had 2 or 3 where i had time to enter but JUUUUST missed the checkin

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm 

doominator10 wrote:
i like the second one, but i dont want the first one bugging out my screen for tourneys i'm not interested in

For the first one, you would only get a reminder if you are registered in the tournament but not yet checked in. If you aren't interested in a tournament, either don't register for it or unregister in it and you won't get said message(s).

Perhaps only have one reminder sent to players 5 minutes before the tournament starts if they are entered but not registered. Combine this with an auto-check in for registration within the final five minutes.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm 
Battle Dex Team

I think these are good ideas.

My tentative proposal is:

A flash 1 minute before tournament that you need to check in to the tournament and a pop up box when you register with less than 30 minutes left -- Do you want to check in now (yes and no).

Thoughts??

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm 

i know its a rare occurrence, but its still an occurrence nonetheless when someone drops in with seconds on the clock. So i still would like to see the auto-check in when you enter with 30 or less seconds left

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm 

chrism wrote:
I think these are good ideas.

My tentative proposal is:

A flash 1 minute before tournament that you need to check in to the tournament and a pop up box when you register with less than 30 minutes left -- Do you want to check in now (yes and no).

Thoughts??

I completely agree with the pop-up if registration occurs once check-in has been activated (30 mins).

I also think that for the last 30 seconds, there should be an automatic check-in. Bubbles problem is that he doesn't have time to make the extra click to check in, which a pop-up box would also require.

I also think there should be a reminder to all players registered but not checked-in one minute before the tournament starts.

Good work guys!

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]