OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: black list
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:15 pm 

i know this will not happen , but i would like to suggest it anyway :

how about having a black list that were we can put people on it ,so we never play them in a free games. i for one would love to have something like this so i dont have to play against some of the people on here that think they are to good and big headed when they play .
i know people will say just dont listern to them and just try to beat them , but when someone says after 4 turns that i may as well just surrender as ive lost now when no cp have been taken at all at this point , to me that is someone who is just a big head ( i would put another word here , but think i would be banned from chat if i did ) and i would like it if i never had to play them again ..
yes i can just surrender if i play these people at the start , but i like the game and if i start having to do this , i may as well look for another game to play .

if not can we have it so we can just dis-able chat in games so we don't have to put up with some people's waffle

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: black list
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm 
Recruiter + Testing Team
Recruiter + Testing Team

such a black list would make the excistance of a ladder system pointless since you just could dodge all the good players and farm elo on the low ranked "noobs"
but the ignore option sounds good ;) dont wanna hear geral complaining all game long :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm 

in a working (stable) elosystem, there souldn't be a possibilty to gain an advantage by dodging certain players.
Against those above you, you need 30% winrate, to breakeven on ELO-Points, against beginners you need 90%.
Right now, imho the system is little bit messed up, due to those bonuspoints you get until you are 1750(which gives weaker players a ranking higher then their skill is), especially considering that the topplayers are not very far away yet. But i think, as soon as the field widens a bit more and the ranks get more stable, dodging shouldn't bring any advantage, so a blacklist wouldn't have negative consequences as described by you.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:20 pm 

well, but who would be left to play geral then?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:28 pm 

I think, whoever caused this problem, should ask himself this question then.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm 

You can't have a system where you can dodge players, period. There isn't anyone I wouldn't want to play because of things they say. However, I'm 1-14 against Geral. I would definately dodge him if said list existed.

However....

- There should be an option to mute in game player dialogue. You should be able to play any game in relative silence from other players chat if desired.

- When the population of the game increases there will be less instances of facing the same player time after time. During low population hours, I may pull the same opponent 3-5 games in a row. Asfa beat me three times straight before I decided to stop searching for a bit. Geral has probably beaten me four or five times straight as well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm 

bump , just want to see what the powers to be think of this

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:05 pm 

muppit, it has been explained that the rating system does not accomodate trying to avoid certain players. Were it so, and everyone would avoid whoever he loses to. It's quite simple.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm 
Battle Dex Team

I think asfa would be on geral's list and geral might be on everyone else's list.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 pm 

Geral wrote:
muppit, it has been explained that the rating system does not accomodate trying to avoid certain players. Were it so, and everyone would avoid whoever he loses to. It's quite simple.

read again

there was one post, blindly stating it would not, and one post explaining it would not change anything for the ratingsystem

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next