OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Actually interesting stats vs "Hunter awards".
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 am 

On your account home page, why not show some (rated game only) stats that are actually of interest, vs the kinda pointless "hunter awards". For example:

Best win ratio vs which player?
Worst loss ratio vs which player?
Longest Winning Streak?
Longest Losing Streak?
Amount of Flawless Victories?
Ratio of Flawless Victories to total games?
Highest Win ratio on which map?
Lowest lose ratio on which map?

I feel that info like this would be infinitely more entertaining and insightful than the hunter awards. I can't imagine someone congradulating themselves because they just earned their 100th Infantry hunter award, but I can imagine someone trying to push themselves harder in order to beat their personal best winning streak. Or someone saying to themselves, "Hmm, my loss ratio against this particular player is terrible, maybe i better watch some replays and analyse what i've been doing wrong vs them".

Let's convert the hunter awards into something that bolsters the community, and not just somthing that takes up space. Obviously this isn't a huge priority, but I think it's worth putting out there for the future.

And while i'm at it, what gives with the "With Honor medal"??? It's truely uninspiring getting your first gold medal because you lost so much. Why not convert this to "Flawless Tactician"?

Thoughts?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Actually interesting stats vs "Hunter awards".
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

You can see your win-loss ratio vs. players in your account section.
I like the ideas, I myself have thought of that, but personally I wouldn't really use it.
But more information is (in this case) always better than less and could be implemented fairly easy I think.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:32 am 

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? Having all this info right there on your account page, for easy access?

At the very least, i think the following idea would be a great improvement...

And while i'm at it, what gives with the "With Honor medal"??? It's truely uninspiring getting your first gold medal because you lost so much. Why not convert this to "Flawless Tactician"? (Award for amount of flawless victories)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:40 pm 

I think this would be a good addition, I've played many strategy games that have had this in it, and it's always a cool addition.

The only problem I have with it is that some people become total snobs and will base you solely off your profile page. I've had people refuse to play me in other games simply because my win ratio was too high, or people refuse to join my team in team games because I had recently lost 3 games in a row. However this is kind of unavoidable and I would rather have the stats in and put up with the idiots than not have it at all

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]