OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Rated FFA options
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:42 pm 

Right now there is no option to be able to play a rated 3 person FFA, only 4 person. It can be incredibly hard to organize a 4 player FFA, especially during European day hours. Finding 3 can be hard enough. Can you please make an option to do a rated 3 player game?

3 player ones are more maps where i have almost zero experience in, only a handful of games from tourneys, really my only option play them rated. And playing a tournament game on map you've never played before isn't so optimal.

Thanks!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Rated FFA options
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I think they didnt put it there, so people dont wait in pair there for third victim :) .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm 

ive been cloned twice?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:26 pm 

With that logic, what's there to stop 3 people from waitiing there for a 4th victim.in 4 player FFA?

Even still there is no peace option, so there can still only be one winner.

i say, let the option be there for peope to choose, if someone finds that they don't like 3 person FFA, then they can simply uncheck it. I mean, why limit the game?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:24 pm 

Can we revisit this request? I think it's an important type of game to have access to. What do the Devs think?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 pm 
Battle Dex Team

It is something we will likely add at some point. We will discuss it. Thanks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 pm 

I don't like 3 person FFA and believe it should be removed entirely. The first two people to fight each other lose, period.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:44 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
I don't like 3 person FFA and believe it should be removed entirely. The first two people to fight each other lose, period.

I disagree entirely! I like 3man more than 4man. Besides, last game i remember playing, jojo and i teamed up against geral and still got our asses kicked (at least i think it was jojo/geral)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm 

Doug, I agree with that, but also that anyone who plays 3 player should quickly understand that concept as well. And if they dont, the two pit bulls locking on to each other will lose time and time again. FFA games are more about finesse, and possibly politics.

I play a game called Twilight Imperium http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... sp?eidm=21 it's the most epic board game of all time, imho, (average game time is 15-25 hours, no joke) and have played many 3 player games. This dynamic is really the antithesis of 1v1. It takes tremendous amounts of cunning to lock victory in 3 player matches. Playing this type of game shouldn't be simply discounted because some people don't know yet what it takes to win a 3 player game.

That being said, let's play one soon. Who wants to be the third?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 pm 

Ok, I didn't mean to go as far as to say there shouldn't be a three person game type, but it should be removed from FFA tournaments imo. The difference between 3 and 4 person FFA is so big that to have both types in one tournament doesn't seem right.

My personal best experiences come from 4-6 person FFA. I even like the dynamic of five and six more than four.

As far as "politics", while I'm not sure exactly what that means, I would prefer if chat were completely off during FFA games. If two players were friends and wanted to collaborate, they would do this off game chat anyhow.

The only thing I use chat for in FFA is to defend claims of collaboration or to tell someone how they just lost us both the game by attacking me. :lol: I don't really like seeing players chat about teaming up. Everyone should realize who is winning, and if they want to attack that person they can. But to see players chat about it somewhat bothers me.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next