OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skirmish mode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 am 

We know sometimes it's hard to find opponents to play against, the community is just not that big right now and that might not change for a while.

Training missions don't have much replay value, coop partners might be hard to find if you're new and single player when released (will it be premium only?, I'm not sure) will probably also lack replay value leaving you many times wanting to play but not having a way to do it..

So i have an idea for a skirmish mode, pretty simple, just play against the AI in one of the regular maps in a sealed match. We all know AIs are weaker than humans players, so they should get some sort of bonus (I'm guessing more starting money) to at least mantain some challenge.

But isn't it boring to play against the AI?, in almost every game the answer is yes, but the insentive would come from a reward for beating the AI.

First i thought the reward might be points, but that would be too valuable for something you can grind, maybe packs then but they are also too valuable, but how about single cards?

The core of this game is strategy but it's "flavor" comes from the cards and collecting them, so how about if you win one of these skirmishes against the AI you get a 10% chance to win a single card (with bonuses such as +5% for a flawless victory, +5% for winning under X turns, etc)?, the chances of what card would you get could be something like 40% a common, 30% an uncommon, 20% a rare and 10% an ultra rare (so the actual chances of getting an ultra rare from a single skirmish would be around 1%).

I think these would be great for new players (allows them to play a sealed match whenever they want and start undestanding the cards, maps and the game without going 0-20 against real players, which may cause many to quit in frustration), for free players (you have a consistent, although very time and effort consuming, way of getting new cards) and it doesn't affect paying players (you would have to win an average of 80 skirmishes to get the equivalent reward of a pack, I'm sure if you can pay you would rather do that).

So, what do you think?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Skirmish mode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 am 
Battle Dex Team

I like it. We will look into it.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Skirmish mode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

I like it too.

I would imagine that single player stuff would be for premium members only as an incentive to get people to join up.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]