OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ideas to improve the game
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm 

Hey guy,

First of all, I must say I got to this game by chance, as I read a comment on another CCG forum and google it. And now that I am here, I totally love this game, as I always wanted a CCG with tanks and warfare. :)

However, the fact that I didnt know about this game, even if I check regularily on the web for new CCGs, means it lacks advertising...

Secondly, I would like to commend the free content and the tourney system. Very well done! This stuff can retain a random new player and allows him to have quite some fun before deciding to subscribe - because subscribing it seems to be the most efficient way to get new packs and points. Also thumbs up for the PRO Circuit system. Also this needs a lot of players to be efficient, which brings us back to point 1.

However, it seems to me that the game doesn't introduce new content in terms of cards, except for the monthly premium cards. This is hardly enough for those that are interested in collecting cards. This game needs to introduce expansions on a regular basis, or a player like for instance, might lose interest after several months.

Most of the other CCGs introduce new cards several times a year, with one special case that offers new cards each week. So IMO this is a must .

There are several ways that come in my mind to expand the game content:

1. Factions (like axis vs allies) with faction specific cards that are not very diffrent from each other in order to mentain balance, but offer an unique way to achieve your goals.

2. Units with special abilities. Ex fighter/bomber - have slightly reduced speed and damage, but has a special ability, activated every 3 rounds, that does a minor artilery strike within its attack range

One other issue at this time is that its hard to find games to play because there are so few players online. I think automatically loging players in general chat could help, because I would know who is online just by typing smth in chat and see who answers, rather than having to pm each player from the player finde.

Speaking of player finder, in player stats, I would like to see what each player is doing - training mission, ranked game, coop, tourney, idle. So that I could start a chat with smbd that might be able to play, or wait for those that play ranked or coop, til I have a chance to play vs them.

Even as I write this, I am already for like half an hour in the queue, and there are 16 players online, but no one answers on pm. The very same thing happened some 8 hours ago when I gave another shot to play.

Well, I have high expectations about this game, and I am sure that when you guys are going to release new content (considering it's almost a year since the game release) and will drop a newsletter to all those registered accounts you have so far, this place will be crowded.

Looking forward to this.

EDIT: As I am pretty bored that nobody answers to my calls in the game, and as I already completed all the training missions, and I am not in the mood to buy the campaign right now (also I will do it in the near future :P ) I have a new idea. Make the awards and medals offer something too. Especially the medals should offer a small reward. This way, I could play single player while no one is online or available for a game, in order to collect those bonuses.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ideas to improve the game
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 am 

Kissofpain wrote:
However, the fact that I didnt know about this game, even if I check regularily on the web for new CCGs, means it lacks advertising...

Currently, the plan is to add/fix a few more things, then do a big advertisement push. I believe the devs either will very soon, or just did, sign an advertisement deal with other people (don't remember who)

Kissofpain wrote:
However, it seems to me that the game doesn't introduce new content in terms of cards, except for the monthly premium cards. This is hardly enough for those that are interested in collecting cards. This game needs to introduce expansions on a regular basis, or a player like for instance, might lose interest after several months.

I agree, and they have already mentioned details on the first expansion. There will be another unit added (no water units yet though) and a bunch of new cards -- The BattleDex Testing Team (guys with blue names, Schlumpfi, and myself) have made a LOT of suggestions for cards in both public and private threads. If you want to see some of the really good ones, I made a sticky in the Card Chat forum with a link to all of Rothmorthau's ideas

Kissofpain wrote:
One other issue at this time is that its hard to find games to play because there are so few players online. I think automatically logging players in general chat could help, because I would know who is online just by typing smth in chat and see who answers, rather than having to pm each player from the player finde.

In a little while, players WILL be automatically put into general chat. And the issue of finding people in the queue is very well known, and hopefully will be fixed after the big advertisement push

Kissofpain wrote:
Speaking of player finder, in player stats, I would like to see what each player is doing - training mission, ranked game, coop, tourney, idle. So that I could start a chat with smbd that might be able to play, or wait for those that play ranked or coop, til I have a chance to play vs them.

Good ideas :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 am 
Battle Dex Team

Great comments and suggestions. We agree and are working on almost all of them.

Things are going to change dramatically for the better very soon (we hope).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 am 

Thank you for your answers. I am looking forward for the changes. :)

Btw, is it too soon to let us know when you guys are going to make the changes and what new content we will get?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

another thing that bugs me a bit. There should be a fast game option that gives you a game (mabye random format?)
which is NOT influencing your elo. Im always a bit scared to try out total new stuff since i could easily lose some elo and thats obviously not what i want. Also if you just want to fast play a game you dont ask someone to join in a private game and obviously you also dont want to put your elo on the table ;)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]