OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New map elements
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:33 am 

Just a couple ideas of cool things that could be added to maps.

1) Spawning point - Have to sit on it for two turns with an infantry, allows you to spawn units on its adjacent "starting hexes".

This would be cool as it would be fought over for position. Should only have 1 or 2 starting hexes on it so we can see some awesome blocks where you have to stop your units on the starting hex to block the opponent from just spawning reinforcements right there.

2) Vision point - Similar to Starcraft 2 Xel'Naga watchtower, if you control it you gain vision over a specific area. Would be nice if it counted as binoculars too. Maybe you have to keep an infantry there to keep vision?

3) Liftable bridges - Each bridge would start in the lifted position, meaning you cant cross the bridge. Once you control both sides of the bridge you get to control whether the bridge is up or down. (Up for defense so your opponent has to go the long way around, down for shortcut to attack your opponent quickly) One turn to cap each side of the bridge seems fine.

4) Floodgate - Allows the controlling player to choose whether there is a river or dry land. If it changes from dry land to river any units caught inside die.

5) Ramp hexes - I'd really like to be able to move tanks and such up and down elevation, even if it means I have to go up from a specific ramp hex.

6) Brush - Infantry walking through brush are treated as if they have camouflage. Recons cannot pass through. Light Tanks, Heavy Tanks, AA's, and Arty's permanently destroy the brush as they pass through it - At reduced movement of course.

7) Cityscape scenery - All of the current battlefields look like they are in the wilderness. It would be cool to see more urban looking battlefields. Perhaps adding building hexes that you cant move through, but you could attack and destroy to move through if you wanted (only attack it when its prio target?).

8) Mercenary control point - Neutral mercenaries sit around a hex that don't attack and cannot be attacked. Whoever sits an infantry on it for 2 turns gets the option to buy the mercenaries for some cheap amount of gold whenever they want as long as they control it. Have 5 turn duration like normal as soon as you purchase.

9) Anti Air Turret - Essentially turn an infantry into an immobilized AA as long as he occupies the hex (after first turn like resource). Can only be destroyed if it is occupied or priority targeted.

10) Artillery Turret - Essentially turn an infantry into an immobilized Artillery as long as he occupies the hex (after first turn like resource). Can only be destroyed if it is occupied or priority targeted.

Hope you all like my ideas. Let me know what you guys think!

Rothmorthau

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: New map elements
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 am 

http://www.battledexgame.com/forums/vie ... =11&t=1737

I'd like to see this kinda stuff both as parts of maps and as cards to play.
Good ideas as always rom :)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]