OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Looking For Game" Indicator
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 am 

This is a future suggestion, certainly not anything urgent.

The idea is to give an alert to other players whenever a player is currently searching for a game. This will give two benefits:

1) For players who are watching replays, playing single player, constructing decks, or merely sitting idle in the client, they can be alerted when a player is searching for a game and then search themselves in order to match-up.

2) For the player who is searching, he will now know that others players have been alerted to his searching, which will both help him find a game quicker and will encourage him to wait longer during his search.

Some optional ideas regarding this idea:

- Allow a player to turn off this alert, for the rare player who would be annoyed by it.
- Do not send the alert to any player already in a multi-player match.
- Incorporate a method where the alert is given (maybe through audio) to a player who has BattleDex open but has it minimized and is doing something else (i.e. browsing the net).

That is all. :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: "Looking For Game" Indicator
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 am 

I can imagine some ways to execute this:

It could be a status message shown next to the players name in the chat. The statuses could be: in game, looking for game.

On the bottom or top of the screen could be some sort of line showing the numbers of online players, ingame players and players who are looking for a match.

I think the global chat should be opened automaticaly when someone logs in the game, so he/she can see other people messages instantly. It would make the matchfindig easier I think.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]