OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Expired Turn
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 pm 

Currently when you run out of time on your turn, none of your orders are submitted. It should be changed to where if you run out of time on a turn, the game essentially hits the submit button for you.

Generally when a player runs out of time he is afk. But if he isn't afk, he has probably directed upwards of 90% of his orders. Forcing someone to miss their entire turn with no orders will likely end the game on the spot. Forcing someone to miss the 10% of the orders they didn't have time to give will still give them a much better chance.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Expired Turn
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 am 

+1

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:34 am 

This was a suggestion I pushed for above literally EVERYTHING else, over a year ago i believe. Dagnor finally put it in the game a couple months ago though. I'll check real quick to see if it isn't working, but I know it's there..

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 am 

Yeah, it definitely works. It submitted with 3 seconds left on my reserve, but it still auto-submitted. Make sure the "Auto" button below submit is pushed in (light gray = pushed in, dark gray = not pushed in)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:45 pm 

Aaaah, I never noticed that button. Thanks!

I know Rothmorthau has mentioned this before with 2X replay speed, and so I'll include that auto-button as well. Certain options, such as these, should be "remembered" by the game. It shouldn't be necessary to click them every time we play a game. :)

EDIT: Actually, I just tested the button and it DOES stay the way you set it, even after closing and re-opening the client. Now if only the 2X replay button worked the same way. 8-)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]