OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Balance Issue Thought
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:30 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy, I'm a buddy of Ben's and have been meaning to make posts but I keep getting side tracked, so here is my thread that I will post things that I think might be a slight off from my observations and what not. I can't think of much at this point, but will add more as I remember. Myself and some buddies are about to hop into some 1v1 and free for all and find more and I'll post afterwards.

First, thanks for the speed increase on replays. One question I'm curious about, what decides who's unit attacks first? Say I have a tank that has one shot left but I want it to do one last shot on an enemy unit but it gets to fire first. Is there a speed stat I am unaware of.

Artillery tanks seem to be able to fire a little too far for the damage they do. I had a Jugs and while it had a ton of armor, it seemed to take a ton of damage before it decided it was close enough to fire a shot back. Maybe it was the situation, but it seemed I had to be within 2 hexes to fire while the arts were hitting from 5 or 6 is memory serves me.

The extra movement speed to infantry is nice, but I used a card to put an infantry into a vehicle and was beat to a equal distance resource by a movement speed card infantry. That felt a little odd to me. Maybe vehicle infantry should get +2 or 3?

Anyway, that's all I can remember for now. more to come.

Last edited by Xlom3000 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Balance Issue Thought
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Heli's seem underpowered compared to planes. Heli's can only attack ground while planes can attack everything and don't seem to have a downside really. I would say increase the heli attack power, but a heli can already solo an AA cannon so maybe reduce the damage a plane can do across the board and increase the armor of AA a little.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:40 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Also on the topic of artillery, Maybe make it so they can only fire 3-4. 5 seems too much. At least 2-4. 3-4 might make underpowered to things chasing it, but then that's what having back up with it is for.

I realize the Art needs a spotter, but with 2-5 range, it feels too beastly. 3-4 would still require the spotter, but also require you to give it some back up if someone is rushing it, giving it that glass canon feel an artillery SHOULD be.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 pm 

Xlom3000 wrote:
what decides who's unit attacks first? Say I have a tank that has one shot left but I want it to do one last shot on an enemy unit but it gets to fire first. Is there a speed stat I am unaware of.

Great question. There's a 50/50 chance of initiative if two opposing units with equal stats begin a turn within firing range. Also, all units will shoot 3 times per turn *except* the Light Tank, which shoots 5 times per turn, and the Artillery, which only shoots twice per turn. We should add this as a stat to the unit descriptions in-game.

Xlom3000 wrote:
Artillery tanks seem to be able to fire a little too far for the damage they do. I had a Jugs and while it had a ton of armor, it seemed to take a ton of damage before it decided it was close enough to fire a shot back. Maybe it was the situation, but it seemed I had to be within 2 hexes to fire while the arts were hitting from 5 or 6 is memory serves me.

Your Heavy Tank should have started shooting when it was within 3 hexes. The Artillery unit's 5-hex range is offset by its low health (75 HP), but you're right, they can be beastly, especially with a Marksman buff or Artillery Hero status. ;)

Xlom3000 wrote:
The extra movement speed to infantry is nice, but I used a card to put an infantry into a vehicle and was beat to a equal distance resource by a movement speed card infantry. That felt a little odd to me. Maybe vehicle infantry should get +2 or 3?

Currently the Infantry move 3 hexes on their own, up to 5 hexes with the Adrenaline Shot card. Troop Transport will move 5 hexes on its own, but will also deal more damage with its gun than an Infantry would, and it protects your guy in the process. Coupled with the Octane card, you can move up to 9 hexes on one turn depending on the terrain!

I'll pass on the feedback about Heli and Artillery units. Reducing the Artillery's range would put it at the same range as the AA Halftrack, which might seem strange to some.. though sometimes I think the AA range is too long. :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:18 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, AA range is a bit long as well, I've just never noticed mostly because the only thing I've seen it attack from those far ranges is ground units.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]